New AstroBoy Anime

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Nannou
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nannou » 21 years ago

tokyo21 hit the nail on the head.
I hope that they don't end up making the same mistake that the american Godzilla
And as Marisa said, the trailer is promising…
"READY TO THROW DOWN"

Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 21 years ago

Yes, yes. I agree that the trailer looks pretty good. Quite riveting if I may say so myself.
The beginning sort of reminded me of a cross between Futurama & Charlie and the chocolate factory :huh: Did anyone else get the same feeling?
Eh, I dunno. It was probably just me

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

Hello Guys,
I just finished watching Episod5 in Fuji TV where Astro learns a hard lesson about human hypocrisy and deceit. The preview for the next episode is exciting, titled "The birth of Atlas", had some cool action scene previews where Astro starts using his strenght at full power, so far he's being learning about his powers and hasn't really battle anyone really. CAN'T WAIT! :wahah:

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

Thanks for the update tokyo. Damn guy :P You're teasing me!

I think I'll go find the trailer.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

Can't wait 'til he goes Super Saiyan. :P

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 21 years ago

Lookie here (2/5/2003) --> http://www.lelola.net/news.shtml

My spider sense is tingling that the show is going to be heavily edited...

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

Breakman,
I don't think that they will edit a whole lot. So far all episodes fall within what is accepted as a "kid" anime abroad. Besides, the new AStro has been produced with the idea of been an anime that has to be accepted by every body from the begining, the people from Tezuka Prd. know that some standards abroad wouldn't accept a 100% Japanese anime (well you know what I mean), even many of the titles and labels that appear in the new Astro are in "romaji" (non Japanese alphabet) so I wouldn'tbe worry tpp much about the editing.
JL

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

Well I did some half-cracked looking and remembered. NO ONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT ASTROBOY!!!! It's basically impossible to find something about Astroboy. How can I love this **** so much? Something is wrong here.

If you know where I can download the trailer of the new Astroboy movie, let me know. If you know where to download the current episodes, let me know ;)

Subtley isn't working. Time to put his "lamer" cap on =p

WTF DO I DOWNLOAD ASTORBYo!!!!!!!!!

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 21 years ago

Originally posted by tokyo21@May 5 2003, 09:49 AM
I don't think that they will edit a whole lot.

I sure hope not, but you never know about Kids WB. If anyone even looks funny at anyone, they would edit it out.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

I hate to say it, but from the preview, the way Atom comes to life is more like the way Boris Karlof as Frankenstein's monster comes to life, than any previous 'awakening' in either of the older series. The laser beam that shoots through two meshing discs and several other elements gave me this impression. Nevertheless, bring it on, I want to see it. I do prefer the Japanese audio and the English subtitles, though. :unsure:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”