New AstroBoy Anime

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Mischif
Kokoro Robot

Postby Mischif » 21 years ago

I thought the Atom sitting up scene was pretty cool, tho at least several of us did cackle 'He's ALIVE!' at that point. *chuckles*

Uh... latest news I heard on Astroboy coming to America was that KidsWB picked up the first 26 episodes to show in the 2003-2004 season.

Think that there's 50 some episodes being made... o_O *puzzled*

If anyone is in the Los Angeles area, the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center (JACCC) in Downtown LA is having a Postwar Japanese Anime/ Manga Exhibit, which Astroboy is shown in.
They found some 'lost' AstroBoy episodes and are showing them.
Was just there today and it was pretty cool. Neat cells from both the old and new anime.

http://www.jaccc.org/ is the link if you wanna check it out.

Does anyone know who sings the new 'True Blue' theme? I'm comletely blanking out on it... ^^;;

-ICKA! the IMP

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

The birth of Atlas,
Hi guys, I just watched the latest episode of the new Astro here in Japan, it was great! but also the series now have turn more dramatic, it had some sad scenes and the background of Atlas is more deep and different from the original. Do you want the whole episode breakdown with spoilers?.

Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 21 years ago

Uhh...that sounds a bit too tempting, but I think I'll wait til it's shown here (or at least try to ;) )
Maybe you should start another thread for those who do want to know what happens?

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

Hi Triple,
You're right, is better to see what happens real time, I guess that you have to wait a few months though, is just the desire to share with others this new cool version of AstroBoy. :lol:
cheers, I'll just say that the episode ended right in the middle of the batlle of Atlas and Astro.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”