New AstroBoy Anime

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Mischif
Kokoro Robot

Postby Mischif » 21 years ago

Heya!
I'm brand new to the AstroBoy fandom, but was in Japan for the past week and found Astroboy adverstisements EVERYWHERE. Posters, TV Commercials, ads in the Subway trains.

Even found statues you could take your picture with in one of the malls in Odaiba. ^^;; (think it was 'Aqua City'...) Had a vending cart there and posters for the upcoming movie.

But it didn't click until we caught the first episode of it on Sunday morning, about 9:30. Really nice animation, and had the new opening theme 'True Blue' stuck in my head for a while. The scene with Doctor Elefun playing with blocks with a newly born 'Atom' is one that will prolly stick for a while too. Atom's so sweet. ^_^

Needless to say, my curiousity has been piqued.

Does anyone else have more information about it? How long the run will last, if it will be dubbed, etc, etc. IMHO, it's very good and I'd love to learn more.

Thanks!

-ICKA! the IMP

KELPIE

Postby KELPIE » 21 years ago

Yay Jump! :D

He'll be there you'll see, and he will get most of the screen time :P

Mischif
Kokoro Robot

Postby Mischif » 21 years ago

Sorry, didn't see Jump in the episode. ^^;;
We had to leave before the very end and the previews. :P
*sighs* Guess I'll hafta wait a while then before seeing more of it. Bummer. Was fun.

-ICKA! the IMP

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 21 years ago

Does anyone know if there are Fansubs of this being distributed yet? :o

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

Hi everybody,

I had the chance to watch (and tape) the three episodes so far here in Japan. I actually like the new opening song and the ending song, where we see Astroboy wiping some tears (although the view is from behind is obvious). I wonder who will sing the opening/ending song abroad?. By the way, there are about 5 different CDs by different artists relating to AstroBoy now in sale in Japan. All different genres. All very cool.

Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 21 years ago

Hey tokyo21,

Waaaow!
How does the new Astro compare to the old?

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Hi,
well the cool thing about the Astro Boy series is that they all have different flavors, I mean the original had incredible animation production even for the time that was produced. The second (80's) was very good also but different right.
The new Astro Boy has been updated in some ways, Astro is more sweet in general, still can fight good though, and it seems that they are promoting more a multicultural theme, the new series introduces a whole new range of characters, it goes along with the theme that the robots and humans have to be living closer to each other. of course they have updated the design of Astro Boy, is more stylized very cool, the person doing the voice in Japanese is doing a great job, of course the animation technique is excellent, they are adding quite a few CG shots but barely noticing. It seems that 2 writers from outside japan collaborated with the new story (I got to double check that hang on for that detail), and the Astro boy birthday scene is very EXPLOSIVE, very nice. *spoiler follows* In the last episode actually there was an introduction of an Alien form that is rescued by Astro Boy, and it seems that the Alien will be back to meet Astro again, it said so.More later.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 21 years ago

:wahah: Is it true that the movie will be coming out this July? I hope so because I have been waiting forever since I heard that there was going to be a movie made. Also, is the new series going to be shown in the U.S.? :wahah:

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

<_< hhmm..well, there is no much information about the movie, either in Japan or abroad, is been produced by WB and I read that it may be coming next year. I also read here in Japan that the series will be in the US in the fall this year. That's it so far.
I'll be making a home page with photos of all the goodies that are coming up in Japan, for those hard core fans that are already grown up there are some cool astro Boy silver rings, very cool. :wahah:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”