Astro Media!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 21 years ago

When I find a good webspace provider I am going to upload some clips from the Osamu Tezuka site and the Japanese Tetsuwan Atom opening theme mp3 that I have.

Does anyone have the big clear DUBBED clip of the new astroboy series? I have a slow connection so I can't stream it.

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

thanks alot for the link! :)

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

I hope to see the actual episodes. I've seen the preview and was impressed. I like how Boyton is involved this time.

Anyone know when it's going to come to North America? I've heard someone mention that they are dubbing it and releasing it here, but I can't find anything on that.

If that doesn't happen for a few years, I hope to at least see some fansubs. Whoops, gotta check the rules on this subject. *zips mouth*

KELPIE

Postby KELPIE » 21 years ago

Originally posted by wicked fierce on Apr 16 2003+ 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wicked fierce on Apr 16 2003 @ 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Anyone know when it's going to come to North America[/b]

Based on speculation from myself :P , I would say that they won't be too far apart. Considering that the Trailer is already dubbed in English.

<!--QuoteBegin--wicked fierce on Apr 16 2003
@ 06:51 PM
If that doesn't happen for a few years[/quote]
Trust me the way they pumping Japanese Anime into America at the moment, you won't be waiting long :D

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

well if it just started in japan it might take awhile to get to North America. I wanna see fansubs aswell.. :D

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 21 years ago

...You know, maybe I could mention it to WPP... (they fansubbed the Rockman OAV and Rockman.EXE anime.) =D Fansubs would be great. Sounds fun!

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

does anyone know when the series is coming to australia??

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Nothing's been announced, but I'm keeping alert for any notices so I'll post whatever I find here.

It's due to hit the US in around September/October 2003, so judging by other anime releases we should get it in Australia any time from November 2003 onwards. Some anime has taken years to reach Australia, but I doubt it will be delayed beyond 2004 due to the anticipated release of the movie.

So not really an answer to your question, but I'm hoping it will be shown late this year or early next year.

**SHEER SPECULATION**
It should be on Cheez TV on Channel 10. Prossibly Saturdays since it's a new dub. Possibly 27th Dec 2003 in the 8:00am Saturday timeslot, after the current Jackie Chan Adventures series ends. Possibly 13th Dec 2003 in the 7:30am Saturday timeslot, after the current Zoids series ends. Possibly 8th May 2004 in the 8:30am Saturday timeslot, after the current Transformers Armada series ends. But they also have to fit in Crush Gear Turbo, Sailor Moon series 2, and more episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh!. Then there's the current series of TMNT finishing at the end of the year, and the repeat of Beyblade finishing in a couple of months, both in the weekly Friday timeslots. So anything goes. :-)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”