Bigger feet on the new version

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

I have viewed the Japanese website, and the J- version of the trailer, and both Atom and Uran have much bigger feet. After over thirty years of nearly consistent appearance, Atom, the little guy whose appearance influence nearly all anime now has succumbed to a redesign. He also has a more 3 D-like face.

The 60s version gave him a heart, but I did not see it in any of the 80s remake, will it be in the newest remake?

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 21 years ago

The 60s version gave him a heart, but I did not see it in any of the 80s remake, will it be in the newest remake?

I agree. My favorite version was the 60s one because it... it was innocent or something. The newer series kinda take that away. I can't really explain it really. Maybe I'm just attached to black and white cartoons. ;^^

KELPIE

Postby KELPIE » 21 years ago

Originally posted by Breakman on Apr 15 2003@ 04:52 PM
now has succumbed to a redesign. He also has a more 3 D-like face

I wouldnt really call it a redesign, It's probably more of an animators style than anything else. As for the 3D face, that comes down to the use of shading.

All in all it brings up the quality standard of the cartoon, so I think that it is good to see it. Now when you talk about redesign's you look in Atlas' direction. Not too sure how keen I am on that. :unsure:

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

Aw. I sure wish I could get the black & white 60s version. I grew up loving the 80s color one. I even shelled out close to $100 for the first 3 videos from manga entertainment. Which my buds all thought was crazy considering I sacrificed beer funds.

To me, his arm is redone. It used to only be a rocket like his foot, but now it's a gun. I'm not complaining. I like it.

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 21 years ago

My friend gave me a tape of the Black and White version for my last birthday! I was like, "OMDFG! I LOVE YOU!"

It was volume 2: "The Terrible Time Gun".

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”