Astro turning into MegaMan?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

I noticed that he now has a MegaMan type buster. Before all he had was the finger lasers. I don't mind, I do realize they have to change him up a bit to catch today's audiences. But damn, I always said that MegaMan was a copycat of Astro, now they're copying him.

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 21 years ago

I think Astro could kick the crap out of Megaman! :lol:

besides the point..astro is'nt really copying because lots of robots do that kinda thing. :)

KELPIE

Postby KELPIE » 21 years ago

Originally posted by wicked fierce on Apr 16 2003@ 06:44 PM
he now has a MegaMan type buster

I wouldnt really say that's the case.... :unsure:

Astro could always do that to his arm, although it was used as a rocket/jet. spose you can modify the function a little ;)

As for who would win.... who's to say, however I'm sure we all know that the real battle is with Jump and Rush :P

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 21 years ago

XD Rush vs Jump? Okay, now we have to decide on what version of Rush! Game, Anime, Cartoon, or EXE? =P

Hehe. But it does seem like Astro and Rock seem to be taking elements from each other as of late... ^^;

Nannou
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nannou » 21 years ago

Hello, :P

I always thought that Megaman was a rip off of Tetsuwan Atomu. It is quite unfortunate that
“Megaman was originally a [rip off] of Astroboy”
as Megaman/Nintendo never cited Astro Boy as the inspiration, thus here in the Americas (and places that are unfamiliar with His- Osamu Tezuka- greatness) Astroboy is considered as a carbon copy of Megaman (which is appalling). It is like the Gundum thing… many people do not realize that Robotech- the O.G. of its genre- is the first to brig us the piloted robots that protect our universe from bad bad aliens, humans, robots etc.

I was happy to see that there is a Super Nintendo game of the little Atom on the net, though I’d really like to get the original for my Nintendo system…
"READY TO THROW DOWN"

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

Hah. MegaMan IS a ripoff of Astroboy. Anyone with a percentage of a brain cell can see that. The people who say that MegaMan came first are just naive. Another total rip off was AI. Don't ya think?

Nannou
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nannou » 21 years ago

Word!

Though it is said that AI is based on Brian Aldiss 1969 short story “Super-Toys Last All Summer Long”…never the less, AI was poorly done by Spielberg. I could only see Kubrick in the opening sequence (the narration by Teddy) and in the filth of the city (pure Kubrick) :D .

Cheers!
"READY TO THROW DOWN"

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 21 years ago

Little robot is abandoned by creator/owner and goes to find a new life... dude, I didn't realize how similar AI and Astroboy were. XD Nice perception there!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

Originally posted by KELPIE+Apr 17 2003, 03:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KELPIE @ Apr 17 2003, 03:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--wicked fierce on Apr 16 2003@ 06:44 PM
he now has a MegaMan type buster

I wouldnt really say that's the case.... :unsure:

Astro could always do that to his arm, although it was used as a rocket/jet. spose you can modify the function a little ;)
[/b][/quote]
I disagree - his arm now retracts right up to his elbow to fire this new weapon. That's pretty different from the jet rockets.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”