Comics

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 21 years ago

Did anyone ever read or own any Astroboy comic books?
And if they're still being sold, where can I get them from (i'm in sydney)?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

Have you checked eBay? I found three comics using "astro boy comic" as the search parameters.

ColdRage
Kokoro Robot

Postby ColdRage » 21 years ago

-waves to triple-

IM FROM SYDNEY AS WELL! :D

My question is, are there any websites where you can just read astro comics? That would be cool!

oh and up at my local video store they have astro boy on video. Im not sure which episodes they are but hey its still astro boy! :wahah:

so anyway see ya around!
†..ColdRage..†

Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 21 years ago

Thanks everyone. That was really helpful.
I've been told they have some at Kinokuniya(??) too - well, at least my brother claims there are, but he has a tendency to trick me sometimes for the hell of it, so...*shakes fist at brother if its not true* :angry:

And-

Hi ColdRage!
*waves back*
I suppose if you want to read some Astro comics, you could check out the Darkhorse link that Mark put up - BUT you can only preview the first 5 pages...ohhh well

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 21 years ago

Just go to your local comics shop and ask them to order it for you. =D Worked for me!

Hi there, Japanese guest. ^_^ What's your name? I'm Marisa.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

Originally posted by ColdRage@Apr 26 2003, 05:16 PM
My question is, are there any websites where you can just read astro comics? That would be cool!

There is a huge collection of Astroboy and other Tezuka works at http://book.tezuka.jp/, but it's in Japanese so it's hard to navigate.

You can download the comic books, which are around 10MB each, and you need to download the reader. I'm not sure what they are like as it crashed on my computer during installation - it looked like it was trying to create a folder using unusual characters. I am using Windows 98 and I have the Japanese character set installed. It might work better on Windows 2000 as it seems to have better multi-language support.

The comics themselves, from what I understand, are only readable by the software for 10 days.

killykait
Kokoro Robot

Postby killykait » 20 years ago

if your looking for manga (japanease comics) they are at book stores and comic stores in the US

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”