Comics

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

I scanned one on the American NOW! comics from the 80s. It's on my FTP in the pics/comic/ directory.

gbrycki
Kokoro Robot

Postby gbrycki » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Triple@Apr 24 2003, 09:58 PM
Did anyone ever read or own any Astroboy comic books?
And if they're still being sold, where can I get them from (i'm in sydney)?

In the 60's, I recall a one-shot Astro Boy comic book from...Gold Key? Dell Comics? One of those 2 companies did one...I think it was Gold Key. Anyhow, the first half of this comic book was an adaption/re-drawing of the "Gangor" episode (a "Robot Wrestling Team" that joins together to form a centipede-like robot called "Gangor").

The 2nd part was an original story where Astro Boy fought the "Terrible Twins", twin evil scientists that had a machine that created automatons out of dirt (yep, you heard that right! ;)

As someone else pointed out, there was an 80's version put out by Now Comics. To tell you the truth, I liked that one-shot 60's Gold Key comic a lot better.

Thank goodness we have the Dark Horse translated mangas...I would've killed for these when I was a kid!

Later folks!
gbrycki

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Yeah, I'd go as far to say that the Now comics are not manga.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 20 years ago

I bought all of the Astro Boy Now comics on E-Bay. I bought individuals and I also have the entire set in a big comic sleeve.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”