Astro Pics

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 21 years ago

:D thanks heaps for the pic, its one of the best detailed pics i've seen of his inside :P any others would be apreciated. BTW, this is a killer site. I never visited the old site but this one truly ROCKS!!!!! ;) :D B)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

If all his energy comes from that cassette, what does he use for energy while he is changing cassettes? :lol: Moreover, while I have seen him putting new cassttes in, I recall too few times when he took an old one out.

What is the cyclometer? I have viewed the entire series, but have no memory of it.

It seems that there is a bracket inside the door under the cyclometer socket, but I cannot recall anything ever being placed in it!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

If all his energy comes from that cassette, what does he use for energy while he is changing cassettes?

His CMOS battery. :D

Moreover, while I have seen him putting new cassttes in, I recall too few times when he took an old one out.

Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing a lot of empty energy cassettes either.

What is the cyclometer? I have viewed the entire series, but have no memory of it.

It was a tracking device Dr Elefun gave him in episode 10. Atlas Lives Again. You actually get to see him put it in that socket.

It seems that there is a bracket inside the door under the cyclometer socket, but I cannot recall anything ever being placed in it!

Yeah, I wondered about that too. It could either be his stomach (we see something fall out when he opens his chest in episode 1), or a slot for something else. In episode 5. Save The Carolina 3, Gene gives him a communications device which he puts in his chest, but we don't get to see where it goes. It's rather large, like half a VHS tape.

Just had an idea about that bracket. It could be an oil drip tray for his electronic brain. :D

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

thanks heaps for the pic, its one of the best detailed pics i've seen of his inside  any others would be apreciated.

Well, since this is the Astro Pics thread, I hope no one minds this pile of pictures. I call these "Astro's Insides". :)

Inside Astro's chest

Inside Astro's head

Astro checking his energy

Inside Astro's legs

Astro getting an energy cassette

Inside Astro's chest

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I hit my image limit, so here are the rest:

Astro in the rain (removing Theodore's pendant)

Inside Astro's legs

Astro getting an energy cassette

Astro being repaired

Astro checking his circuitry

Inside Astro's laser finger

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Atom's borrowed arms and legs. There is a really funny pic from "The manmade solar sphere" (I think that is the 80s title) in which having wrecked his own arms and legs, Atom somehow convinces another robot to swap with him. The resultant other robot resembled Huey, Dewy, or was it Louie. Not the ducks, but the robots from "Silent Running". :D

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 21 years ago

weird...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Not Atom, the robot that got his arms. That was the joke! :D

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 21 years ago

OH THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!! All the pics posted are fantastic. I have heaps to get this progect just how i want it i think, but i will still keep an eye out for any others :P :D I will let you know as soon as its done & send you pics to see how accurate i get to the mark. BTW, DID I SAY THANKYOU :P :D ;)

Nannou
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nannou » 21 years ago

Wow. Those are great pics! Ummm, err…. Anapan, I was wondering if maybe I could use your http://www3.telus.net/anapan8/atom/AstroBW.gif of the running Tetsuwan Atomu?

Thanx.

- Nannou
"READY TO THROW DOWN"

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”