Dr. Elephun and Sensi in mana as other characters.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

Here Image is an evil scientist, and Image is the good-guy out to stop him. X-Point on the South Pacific is the Manga, and this is the first one in which I have seen Image in another series other than Astroboy. I find the whole site very interesting, and recommend it highly.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

Do you mean the earliest non-Astroboy work featuring Dr Elefun, or the first you have come across?

I saw a flash anime at Tezuka Osamu Cinema with Dr Elefun in it. It was actually about Black Jack, but Dr Elefun played quite a prominent role. It was in Japanese though so I couldn't understand any of it. And I don't know if it was a new story or a remake of one of Tezuka's mangas.

I find the character Torch to be very interesting. He made quite an evolution of development in Tezuka's works.

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

Image Also looks quite similar to the president of the class in the 80s Astroboy.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I mean the first one I have come accross. I am looking at these manga synopses, and it it taking hours. I have cable modem, but there are so many of them. Tezuka really was the god of manga. :wahah: Mustachio (Mr. Pompous, also resembles the guy on the Monopoly game) is seen in quite a number of other titles, as 'Uncle', 'Grandpa', but usually as the Japanese name for Mustachio, 'Higeoyaji'.ImageImage. Ok, so the resembelence is not as strong as I had thought.

Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 21 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@May 24 2003, 06:48 AM
Mustachio (Mr. Pompous, also resembles the guy on the Monopoly game)

Heeey! You're right...now that you bring it up!
Although the more I look at it, the more I find the resemblance fade (like you were saying).
I guess at first glance it's the whole similarity with having the droopy-down moustaches, but then again...not quite :unsure:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I should have used a pic with a happy facial expression. B)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

I, too, think all people with white moustaches look the same. :lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”