Astroboy Music Video

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

A couple of years ago I made an anime music video for Astroboy. I finally got around to getting hosting for it, and you can download it from http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/astroboy/.
It's 18MB and requires the DivX 3.11 codec.

Tell me what you think

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

I do not see any video, but the song is ok, music is 1st class, as far as clarity goes. I am not qualified to comment on the score, though.

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Term of Service.

><

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

That's odd ... I read the terms of service very thoroughly and I couldn't find anything to indicate there would be a problem. Stayed under the storage limit, didn't use direct links, etc. They've sent me no e-mails about it either.

If you're not getting video, jeffbert, it probably means you don't have the Divx codec. You can get it from http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html. You can use version 3.11 or 4.x, but avoid version 5.x as it contains spyware and also cripples spyware-detection software.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I've done a search on "AMV Hosting" (Anime Music Video), and it looks like a lot of people have problems getting hosting for AMVs. The big problem being bandwidth. :-(

I hope to make a better quality version when I can get all the Astroboy episodes on DVD, perhaps by then I will have come up with something.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I downloaded the video, but do not remember its name, and therefore cannot find it. I installed divx4.xx.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Ok, I see it. It is cool. I only recently became interested in Osama, and now I see him unmasked in this video. Was this really in the series.

What are those goofy things surroundind Uran? I have seen them in the Manga, but could find no explaination for them.

I do not remember the birthday party either!

I know Darth was not in any of these!

Was that Pepe the merboy robot in that last quick flash of frames? Without a doubt, he is by far the cutest robot in this series. But what did they have against belly buttons? His fat little tummy is there, but it has no navel.

Did you compose the song?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Ok, I see it. It is cool. I only recently became interested in Osama, and now I see him unmasked in this video. Was this really in the series.

Yes, in episode 36: The Time Machine. There were lots of appearances of Osamu's other characters in this episode, and the evil magician Gore turned out to be Osamu Tezuka!

What are those goofy things surroundind Uran? I have seen them in the Manga, but could find no explaination for them.

They are called Hyotanantsugi, or the Gourd Character. Osamu put them in the original manga at tense moments to lighten up situations. They only appear a few times in the 80s series and most of them are very hard to spot. There's more info on this in volume 10 of the Dark Horse manga.

I do not remember the birthday party either!

That was from episode 35: The Light-Ray Robot. Astro invited Light Ray to a Christmas party. (then Daddy Walrus turns up and spoils it)

I know Darth was not in any of these!

Haha, yes Darth Vader appeared twice in Astroboy. The scene I used was from episode 34: The Robot Stuntman. Uran snuck into Hellywood Studios and tried not to be seen. She hid behind a board when someone dressed as Darth Vader walked passed.
The other time was in episode 36: The Time Machine. When Dr Roget (Black Jack) told Detective Roc that time travel was only possible in science fiction, Roc replied "But this IS science fiction!". Immediately a characature of Darth Vader popped up and said "WHAT?". I love that bit!

Was that Pepe the merboy robot in that last quick flash of frames? Without a doubt, he is by far the cutest robot in this series. But what did they have against belly buttons? His fat little tummy is there, but it has no navel.

Yep that was Pepe. I guess he didn't have a belly button because he was a robot. Or because fish don't have umbilical cords. Or they just didn't want to get that anatomical. :-)

Did you compose the song?

No, it's by Aqua. The band that did the song Barbie Girl a few years ago.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I admit my error regarding Darth.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

There were a lot of characters that appeared in The Robot Stuntman that I'm sure I didn't pick. I know they ran past Dracula, but there are so many others that are obviously cameos. One of them was a man made of gold with flowing hair. His name is Magma, and Tezuka made an entire manga series about him. He also appeared at the start of Uran's Quest as a toy fighting robot. But there are others I can't pick, like one that appears to be an anthropomorphic cat or fox of some kind as Uran is running out of the zero gravity room.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”