OrderAnime.com

I just ordered mine! :wahah:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

jeffbert
Minister of Science

It seems to be only first four episodes, though. Also for sale on eBay for about $7-9 + shipping. Too bad I ordered mine for more. :cry:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

I'm thinking of buying the full series dubbed, and a single disc subbed just for the experience.

Anyone know if the available tapes of the 60s series in English are coming out on DVD?

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

Now that's amazing, not even in Japan the new series is available in DVD. Let me know the quality and what you think about the new series!. So far we have watch 8 episodes, I guess that they cannot put more on the DVDs because they have to make a business and they don't have access to the rest of the episodes yet.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I have a bit of confidence in the merchants. But, I agree about the copies. I know a guy who has a copy of The Two Towers. It was a copy of a disc sent to the critics. He says that every once in a while a subtitle says "submitted for your approval". Almost sound like R. Serling on the Twilight Zone. :D

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

I'm a bit suspicious of the 80s series DVDs with English subtitles. It retails for about a quarter of the price of the Japanese release, which doesn't have English subtitles, and the contact e-mail address on the discs is "anime_mac@yahoo.com". Surely a DVD production company can afford their own domain name? And of course there's the dodgy subtitles and no region encoding.

Compare:
http://www.animetoysonline.com/astroboy.htm
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PIBA-3070

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I agree that it seems suspicious. Nevertheless, legitimate stores are selling it. I bought Gun Smith Cats Bulletproof, and it was Anime Mac. While this title was praised for its making of extra, no such thing was found on this disk. I contacted the mfgr, and was told I could exchange for another title, but no explanation for lack was given. It is all a matter of licensing others to make the product. Or, is it? :huh:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”