Atlas vs Astroboy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
wildpegasus
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby wildpegasus » 21 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but here goes:

I'm about halfway through the series and was wondering

1)Do we ever find out who ressurcted Atlas? Please don't spoil me. Just a yes or a no will suffice.

2)Does the 80's series come to a conclusion story wise or was it dropped suddenly? Did the creators orginally only mean to do 50 some odd episodes? If the series was cut short why did they cut it short?

3)The pictures of Atlus don't look nearly as impressive in the rescent version of Astroboy. For anyone who's seen this series, how impressive does Atlas come off as? Thanks for any responses.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

Bablefish translation of Atlas' character 'bio'

3)The pictures of Atlus don't look nearly as impressive in the rescent version of Astroboy. For anyone who's seen this series, how impressive does Atlas come off as? Thanks for any responses.

I have seen two episodes cenered on Atom Vs. Atlas. It seems that the new Atlas was a human boy at one time, whether he became I cyborg, or after the boy's death Tenma created a robot in his likeness, I cannot tell. When I used the word 'seen', I meant it. I could not find an English dub for those episodes. I could tell that the boy was inspired by the myth of Atlas, and wanted to become strong. :D I hope this answers your question without being a plot spoiler.

wildpegasus
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby wildpegasus » 21 years ago

"There is an episode showing the creation and ultimate ressurection of Atlas, however for whatever reason it was not included on the tapes. The episode has been dubbed 'the lost episode'."

I'm confused here. I thought the last episode was the episode from the original show in the 60's that only aired in the States.

Quote "for whatever reason it was not included on the tapes."

Are you talking about the tapes available from Siren or Manga? Are they missing an episode from the series besides the 2nd show in Japan?(I've seen this)

In the episode where Atlas steals Astroboy's parents he mentions he was ressurected. So if I watch the tapes, I won't know who ressurected him but they do tell you in the original Japanese version? Once again, thanks for any responses. Oh, and just a yes or no will suffice. Don't tell me who or what ressurcted him.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

1)Do we ever find out who ressurcted Atlas? Please don't spoil me. Just a yes or a no will suffice.

Yes.

It's not a whodunnit thought, it's made quite clear in the Japanese dub right from the start. This bit happened to be edited out in the English version and from then on it's assumed, so Atlas never makes it particularly clear in his dialogue when he meets up with Skunk and Astro. We only find out in the English dub later on when it just happens to be clarified. It's not meant to be a cliff hanger or a big thing to wonder about.

Enjoy the "surprise" anyway though. :)

Mark: The Manga tapes are the same dub as the Siren tapes. The only difference I can tell is that Siren changed the order of episodes and left out the episode previews, and the Manga release has the caption "Tokyo 2030" at the start of episode 1.

gbrycki
Kokoro Robot

Postby gbrycki » 21 years ago

Originally posted by Mark@Jun 26 2003, 04:44 PM
I haven't seen the new series myself, though I do agree with you on his new look. I didn't like it much at all. I'm witholding judgement till I get to see him in action though :)

Cheers.

It isn't really a "new" look for Atlas, rather, a return to his original design from the original 60's version. The episode became "Dante's Infernal Machine" when brought to America, and if I recall correctly (I may not, of course) he was renamed "Ferno".

BRY

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

t isn't really a "new" look for Atlas, rather, a return to his original design from the original 60's version. The episode became "[b]Dante's Infernal Machine" when brought to America, and if I recall correctly (I may not, of course) he was renamed "Ferno".[/b]

I think I have seen an episode guide that rather than saying "Dante's Infernal Machine" ", said "Don Tay's Infernal Machine" :D

gbrycki
Kokoro Robot

Postby gbrycki » 21 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Jul 13 2003, 01:01 AM
I think I have seen an episode guide that rather than saying "[b]Dante's Infernal Machine" ", said "Don Tay's Infernal Machine" :D [/b]

Yep...you are correct, now that I recall. I stand corrected.

:lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

i think that Atlas's new look is very cool, but it makes him look more evil.
if you come to think of it Atlas isn't that evil realy he's just lost in life

do you people agree with me?

yes or no?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”