New Tetsuwan Atomu merch.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Nannou
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nannou » 20 years ago

Hi kids,

It’s been a long time…

Anyhoo, I spotted some new Tetsuwan Atomu merch. I assume that the toys are based on the new series as the face of the little atom looks nothing like my Cho-shin Gokin. The figures also feature the “arm rocket” that I remember seeing in the trailers for the new show.

Speaking about the new show, does anyone have any updates on its release outside of Japan?

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/be-j/sin/ivent_07.htm

- nannou.
"READY TO THROW DOWN"

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Cool! Which book / episode title is that? :wahah:

What's with tho low-rise brief? All three of the large figures are wrong! :angry:
The flying one in the background (firing the short-arm super el-destructo weapon) is ok, though. I cannot determine whether the transparent one is ok, he is just too small. :huh:

Oh, Fuji, my love, marry me and I will take you to ze Cazbah! What a rip-off! only legit Ultraman video available in the US, has only first 4 eps. The whole series is available on pirated DVDs, though. Fuji was my first exposure to the beauty of Japanese women. I was a teenager when the local afternoon cartoon channel began showing Ultraman, and Fuji was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen!

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

This reply is not really about new merchandise but really a "heads up" about astro Video's & DVD's.
I live in country New South Wales, Australia B) and we had a traveling retailer here a few months ago selling videos & I think DVD's of Kimba & Astro boy for about $10-$15aud. The kimba video I got only had 3 eps on it but for $15 i thought it was worth it since I hadn't seen them before or since. <_< The only dissapoinment was it was different title music to what I saw as a kid :( :huh: :cry: Oh well, I am jusy kicking myself for not getting the Astro Vids though, seeing how much the go for on the net now :o But just keep an eye out Aussie fans cause you might get a bargain :P ;) B) even if I missed out :angry: :cry: <_<

Nannou
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nannou » 20 years ago

Yes I would agree they are not what I expected… <_< The face looks funny and droopy. The clear blue one looks cute though. Like I said, the figures look nothing like the Unifive Atomu that was out back in ~ 2000… ho-hum. Now that was a groovy little atom! I wish they would make a die-cast Unifive style Uran or Atlas, as my little atom looks lonely…. :cry:
The one that I am really looking forward to is the 20th anniversary Optimus Prime, he looks yummy. :lol:

"READY TO THROW DOWN"

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

Just a quick heads up for y'all
SANITY's website has video Ep's of astro for sale for only $18aud
:wahah: :wahah: :wahah:
Try here for some of them
It is an Australian website & I'm not sure about shipping but if you are looking for ep's there are 4 to a tape
hope it helps

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”