Astro Boy Coming To PlayStation 2

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
yxuz
Metro City Citizen

Postby yxuz » 20 years ago

Astro Boy Coming To PlayStation 2

By: D. F. Smith September 18, 2003 9:20 AM PDT

According to its newly-updated Tokyo Game Show display list, Sega is planning a second game based on Osamu Tezuka's classic comic Astro Boy. This adventure game will be for PlayStation 2, and it's scheduled for release in the spring of 2004, a few months after the Game Boy Advance side-scroller also starring the famous 300,000-horsepower robot hero.
No developer is yet officially attached to the project -- Hitmaker is the developer of the GBA game. We'll have more news of this and Sega's multitude of other titles from TGS next week.

http://www.gamers.com/news/1467354
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

Cool!
I found a few screenshots:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/astroboy/index.html
I really want to see that video, but it's going to be tough finding someone who actually paid for gamespot complete...

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I'll have to buy a Playstation 2 now! :)

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

:o :D Woo hoo I have PS2!! now I can play something besides Smackdown ;) :P but I will have to fight hubby to get the Bathurst game out of it first!! BTW, does anyone else use it for DVD's?? You get a lot for PS2 considering how much you pay for individual components like DVD, CD, Game station & I heard eventualy Internet gaming!! :o :D WAy cool

Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 20 years ago

Yeehaw!!
Although my only thought is on which country the release date is for - I'm guessing Japan...which means when for the rest of us? I'll just have to wait for that bit of info, I guess.

PS2s are going for a lot cheaper than they used to. If you do get one DrFrag, be sure to get it modchipped so that you can play aaaaaall sorts of games on it (unless you're really only getting it just for the Astro Boy game :lol :) !

[email]Lol@Smackdown...noth[/email]ing against it Loüßëãr. Just that it's one of the most hilarious - and in that respect, I suppose one of the more entertaining - games I've ever played. It never fails to make me LOL :wahah: :D

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 20 years ago

I might know someone who can get that video....

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”