Favourite Astroboy episode?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
groenewegendavid
Kokoro Robot

Postby groenewegendavid » 20 years ago

So far, Since I only have four videos, the best episode that I like is The Runaway Subway Train 'cause the fight between Atlas and Astro is cool.
Visit my site!!!
My Mysterious Cities of Gold page
Checkout Esteban & Co.

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

I dont really have a favorite Episode but favorite parts of the series. I love the eps with Atlas & Livian & when Uran makes her first appearance. But generally I LOVE the 80's series. some eps that really stick out are(forgive me of the titles are wrong but its been a while)
misfit robots or Robot Rescuers :huh: :unsure: theres a clip from it in the video section
Robot Vikings (the dog disguise ep)
Uran & Uran (where she splits in 2)& of course
the very first episode. I haven't seen the series since it went off air but I think I can speak for many fans when I say that just 1 episode is hard to pick out when the series was so enjoyable

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Without looking, I think the name you want is the robots nobody wanted. I too, like this one, but mainly because its topic is also briefly addressed by an episode of Futurama, which I think was called Bendin' in the wind. :D I find the contrast amusing.

As to my favorite episode, it would be either The monster of Clarken, because of the really cute mer-boy, Pepe; or The Greatest Robot on Earth, or Uran the tomboy, because of Uran's part in it. Those little ones just tickle me silly. :P :lol: :wahah:

First Pepe is so cute, I could not help, but burst out laughing. He did not need to do anything that was cute or silly, he was sufficient. Uran's little tap dance was just too cute, and the song that went with it was also cute. Her dressing in her big brother's nonexistent briefs (because they are painted on him), was cute in itself, because of the inconsistency, but when she did the shadow boxing, I lost it. Then she went out to fight Bruton (manga name: Pluto), which was funny because she was the size of his thumb, yet she wanted to fight him. :D :P :lol: :wahah:
We had quite an interesting discussion of Atom's briefs/Uran the impostor on this thread.

Another discussion that received far too little attention was Technical difficulties/impossibilities of Atom. I went to a good bit of detail, but nobody responded to this topic! :angry:

Coming in close on their heels, would be The baby elephant pook, and the crystal of the desert. I do not know why I liked the elephant ep so much, just that it comes to mind. It was more sad than cute, though. The the crystal of the desert had a scene with Atom tossed into the air by the spring (of water) which was cute, as was the rodent robot that tried to give him a spare energy cassette. :lol:

Amuro
Kokoro Robot

Postby Amuro » 20 years ago

My Favourite Episode was when he gets parents....

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

My Favourite Episode was when he gets parents....

That was heart warming when the little guy was finnally accepted by the dog, and first hugged mama and papa, and swung on papa's arm as they entered the house. I almost wept. :lol:

But my favorite episodes are my favorites because they are humorous.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”