The Genesis of Astroboy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 20 years ago

I'm streaming this from my bands webpage.... The webpage is for mature audiences so watch this clip only.
You can see how all the names of the characters have been changed including Astro. Check out the scene in the circus when Astro recharges the robot.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

And please let me know what you think about the video.... I mean this is the first episode of Astroboy and you are fans, and it is beautiful.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I cannot believe how long it has been since I watched my own tape of that episode. I forgot too many details! More reminiscent of Frankenstein than I thought, And Boynton even does the Phantom of the Opera organ playing!

Anyway, if you liked the way Atom shares his energy, check this thread:

Fill 'er up with premium. I myself thought the refueling was rather funny, but got the impression that others were embarrassed by it. :lol:

Xenomage
Metro City Citizen

Postby Xenomage » 20 years ago

Very cool to see the original episode but very bizzare in my opinion! It definitely has that wierd campy/retro style to it and the whole focus of the show seems to be more silly and light-hearted than serious (like the new ones) or action oriented (like the 80's ones).
I personally think each era has its strengths and weakness's but my favorite Astroboy is still the 80's version.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 20 years ago

I think it's cool. I would love to get them on DVD. I already have a few B&W and color on VHS.

wildpegasus
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby wildpegasus » 20 years ago

Thank you very much for putting the first epsidoe up for viewing. It was pretty cool watching the similarities and difference between the 80s and the 60s. I couldn't believe how fast everything went. They fit a lot of stuff into 1 episode.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I noted the manga-style humor that was all too infrequent in the 80s, and lacking completely in the current series.

See That pig thing for more on this. :lol: :lol:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Yeah... I always thought that stood for the sins of a person... That's why it pops out of Catchitories bed or belly or something, and appears bruised and battered... The beast or devil with the head wound. a sign of hypocrisy. An evil spirit... the 666 perhaps. .... Sin.
Catchitory is at the height of hypocrisy and evil when this thing comes out of him. He sins against the angelic astroboy that saved his very life, he is an evil man.
:p h34r: :p h34r: :p h34r: :

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

If you want to watch this, hurry. I will probably remove it by March 8.
Also if anyone wants to talk about the Apocalyptic aspect of astro and anime in general nows the time.

This is the first ever Astroboy episode ever b/w 80kbps real video :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :p h34r: :p h34r: :p h34r: :wahah: :wahah: :wahah:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”