Astroboy in Australia

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I've just picked up a copy of Rollercoaster magazine (after seeing Astroboy on the cover, of course! ;) . It's the official kids' magazine for the ABC. They have two pages on Astroboy plus a very mini poster. At the bottom of the page is this:

Watch Astro Boy at 4:30pm every Thursday on ABC Kids TV

(it's okay, it hasn't started yet! ;)

So far, their website has no mention of it, but from this article it looks like Astroboy will be hitting free-to-air TV on the ABC. And I'll have to eat all my words for declaring it would be on Cheez TV. <_< :D

Although, the Cheez TV guide has been updated with the info that Astroboy will have 26 episodes when it's shown. So is the ball still up in the air on this one? I'm really leaning towards the ABC screening it now, which I still find a bit odd given their recent decade of pretty much no anime. But I'm bookmarking Rollercoaster. Into my Links folder. Maybe I'll set my VCRs too. :wacko: :D

Of course, the new series will begin with pay-TV on the Cartoon Network, March 29th, before it starts on free-to-air.

Mania magazine also has a two page write up on the coming of the new series, and is probably the most information-packed of all the recent publications. But it comes with a crappy plastic pencil case. I was tempted to leave the pencil case in the shop, sort of do a reverse-shoplift. :p h34r: :lol:

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

ABC will be great. no ads. i cant wait now.
please let us know if u find out when excatly it is going to thanks :)

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

I love to say I told you so..

so..

I told you so!!

*does irritating I told you so dance*
three and a half years.. for what?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I concede, Danny. /twitch

:D

And yeah! I forgot there would be no ads because it's taxpayer funded. And no channel logo because it's non-commercial. And no clock in the corner because it's in the afternoon. And nothing edited out because it's a government channel and they couldn't be bothered. And all the episodes in order because they're beaurocrats. And hopefully no voiceover on the end credits because it's in the kids' timeslot fulls of brief cartoons.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! B)

*does irritating victory dance in front of the Americans and cable viewers*

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

*Joins Dr Frag in victory dance*
WOOHOO.....Im so gald to be a aussie today :P :P :P :wahah: :wahah: :wahah: ;) ;) ;)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

You guys get the unedited version? If so, would you mind uploading to Anapan's server?

:P

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

i was planning on asking someone i know who has austar to tape it for me, but if it is going to be on the ABC there's no point. ABC has an excellent childrens programming..... im quite a fan of ace lightning :lol: i wish they would bring the new series of that out, i heard there was one.

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

Now all I need to do is to get a HDTV box and a DVD RECORDER before it airs.. Does anyone actually know when this is to start?? I need to start saving PRONTO!!
three and a half years.. for what?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

The dub works with the finished visuals, and all the audio is completely re-synced with the visual track being edited where necessary to match. The pictures are cut for time and content, then the dialogue is re-written to run in time and for story continuity. Then the whole thing is compiled with new music and effects, into the finished dub.

That is what I reasoned would be the way they would dub the thing. Why dub the whole thing and then edit? They already knew what length they wanted, and likely adjusted the opening and closing credits to suit thelength of the content. That kills any hope for an unedited DVD release, unless only the subtitled version is included, and that is unlikely. :(

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”