2000 also nothing :wacko:
then they prmise somewhere in 2002 :(
and now they say cartoon network will do it
..but can we count on them? <_<
ImageImage

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 20 years ago

You know...as much as a movie might be nice, I think it would be better not to have one made by anyone in Hollywood, given the fact that it's a cess pool of politically charged mentally retarded, money hungry bastards. If it's not in the hands of Peter Jackson, forget it.

I say go independant and release it on the comic conventional circuit for the fans, not for the money. There's way to much danger for Astro boy to end up another cheep commericalized hollywood flop and I think fans would rather preserve the character's goodness over the desire for tinsle town's tarnished celuloid.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

astroboykickedmyass
Metro City Citizen

Postby astroboykickedmyass » 20 years ago

as i said for the billionth time if its not in the hands of the japanese animators than this movie will suck

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 20 years ago

And if it's dubbed wrong it will still suck.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

AstroSponge
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroSponge » 19 years ago

NEWS! MOVIE NEWS!
(from http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-film.ht..../04/09.30.film)
Tartakovsky Helms Astroboy

Sony Pictures Entertainment has struck a deal with animator Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack) to write and direct its long-in-development film version of the classic Japanese animated series Astroboy, Variety reported. Don Murphy of Angryfilms is producing, with Lisa Henson and Kristine Belson of Jim Henson Pictures, for Sony's Columbia Pictures, the trade paper reported.

The project was purchased by the studio in 1997 and slated as a live-action movie. Todd Alcott wrote a script and all systems were go, but the movie hit a snag in 2000, when Steven Spielberg began the similarly themed A.I. Artificial Intelligence, also about a robot boy who replaces a dead child.

Astroboy is a futuristic Pinocchio story about a scientist who builds a robot replacement for his dead son, but then turns him out in the world when it becomes clear he's not human, the trade paper reported.

Insiders told the trade paper that the movie will blend animation, animatronics and live action. Osamu Tezuka, often called the Walt Disney of Japan, created Astroboy.

Probably, Astro might be the ONLY character animated. And probably some stupid Japanese actors might be the live action characters. Some of the robots might be animatronic.
Salp, Slap, Slap, Slap, Slap....

astroboykickedmyass
Metro City Citizen

Postby astroboykickedmyass » 19 years ago

Originally posted by AstroSponge@Aug 12 2004, 08:21 AM
NEWS! MOVIE NEWS!
(from http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-film.ht..../04/09.30.film)
Tartakovsky Helms Astroboy

Sony Pictures Entertainment has struck a deal with animator Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack) to write and direct its long-in-development film version of the classic Japanese animated series Astroboy, Variety reported. Don Murphy of Angryfilms is producing, with Lisa Henson and Kristine Belson of Jim Henson Pictures, for Sony's Columbia Pictures, the trade paper reported.

The project was purchased by the studio in 1997 and slated as a live-action movie. Todd Alcott wrote a script and all systems were go, but the movie hit a snag in 2000, when Steven Spielberg began the similarly themed A.I. Artificial Intelligence, also about a robot boy who replaces a dead child.

Astroboy is a futuristic Pinocchio story about a scientist who builds a robot replacement for his dead son, but then turns him out in the world when it becomes clear he's not human, the trade paper reported.

Insiders told the trade paper that the movie will blend animation, animatronics and live action. Osamu Tezuka, often called the Walt Disney of Japan, created Astroboy.

Probably, Astro might be the ONLY character animated. And probably some stupid Japanese actors might be the live action characters. Some of the robots might be animatronic.

Japanese actors are a hell of alot better than what hollywood has going for it at the moment

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”