Astro Boy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Guppy
Kokoro Robot

Postby Guppy » 20 years ago

Anyone seen the new series of AstroBoy? I think its called Astro Boy Next Generation, I love it :D I remember watching the old series growing up. If you want to see the new Astro Boy in Australia you can watch it on ABC it goes for about 20 minutes.

Astro Boy to make birthday comeback
Popular cartoon character Astro Boy, created by Japanese comic strip legend Osamu Tezuka more than half a century ago, will return to television screens next year in a project led by the Sony group.

Astro Boy, a robot boy known as "Atom" in Japan, made his comic book debut in 1951 and starred in Japan's first television cartoon show in the early and mid 1960s.

The cartoon has been broadcast in more than 40 countries outside Japan since first being aired in the United States in 1963.

New episodes will be produced jointly by Sony Pictures and Tezuka Productions, a Tokyo company handling publications and other business, including characters, created by the late cartoonist.

A Sony spokeswoman said: "Since Mr Tezuka depicted him as born on April 7, 2003 in the cartoon, we are working to start the new series around that date."

She says Sony is "making the new series as a worldwide production, which will be aired in the United States, Europe and Asia" soon after the Japanese launch.

The two companies are also planning to make an Astro Boy movie.

Also my birthday is also on 7th of April :wahah:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”