The PS2 Game

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 19 years ago

So far I like it, especially the graphics. The opening cartoon sequence was great though for the starting page I wish they'd used the old Astroboy theme insted of the "astro snooze waltz" as some have call it in reviews.

To be honest about some of the negetive reviews I've read, I think all so called "professionaly paid reviewers" be they doing it for newspapers, magazines or whatever should find another line of "behind hole-ness" to better serve society.

I do know 2 things that are helpful...

1. light poles make great baseball bats.

2. Buildings make great shielding material from missiles, lazers, arm cannons and overly talking creeps like Atlas...

"What are you afaid?"

"No, I'm waiting out your dumb big mouth to boot your face in."

In another post, someone complained about the camera angles being un-controlable...not so, I find the movements to be easy enough.

The guys at Sony did a great job with it as far as I've seen.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLJade » 19 years ago

Yeah, I personally think the game rocks! Granted I cried when I had to fight Atlas. I didn't want to fight Atlas! He's not evil! Just misunderstood! Anyway, my only problem with the game is that I keep getting my butt kicked by the Blue Knight. <_< Any advice on how to beat him?

And on a personal note, I wish that after you beat the game, you could do a character select thing so you could go through the game as your favorite character. I would love to play as Atlas! *bows in worship to Atlas*

Lauren

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 19 years ago

, I wish that after you beat the game, you could do a character select thing so you could go through the game as your favorite character.

That would be awesome. I would definately pick Pluto.

tinlunlau
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby tinlunlau » 19 years ago

i finally spent some time playing the PS2 version.

i also found a problem with the camera angle but otherwise, this game is grand and fun.
the Denkou stage was cute. Atlas stage was great. everything's just so grand. wish i had a ps2 to play this at home and can't wait to finish this game. other than the small problems here and there, this game is great.

super_kim
Kokoro Robot

Postby super_kim » 19 years ago

Do you know if the game is on gamecube or Xbox? I dont have a PS2 :cry: so I couldn't play it even if I bought it, unless ofcourse it was a gamecube or Xbox game :D :D :D

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

Well I went to Gamestop on the way to the movies, I had to see Anacondas and Hero, and I got the LAST copy of Astroboy for PS2 they had. They were sold out @ 40.00 bucks a throw that's very interesting. :P
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by LLJade@Aug 27 2004, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I personally think the game rocks! Granted I cried when I had to fight Atlas. I didn't want to fight Atlas! He's not evil! Just misunderstood! Anyway, my only problem with the game is that I keep getting my butt kicked by the Blue Knight. <_< Any advice on how to beat him?

And on a personal note, I wish that after you beat the game, you could do a character select thing so you could go through the game as your favorite character. I would love to play as Atlas! *bows in worship to Atlas*

Lauren

Yeah Yeah... Well I just beat Atlas after 2 tries, and I'm glad I trounced him glad do you hear... :wahah: And I hit him with the lamp post, and every time I wacked him and he hollered, I thought of you..... :P
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

tinlunlau
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby tinlunlau » 19 years ago

the trick is to rely on the dash thing when Atlas is firing at you. and then, attack him at the right time.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 19 years ago

Blue Knight, how I hate thee so...

he's tough
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by dannavy85@Aug 30 2004, 10:56 PM
Blue Knight, how I hate thee so...

he's tough

yeah? Well I whacked Atlas in the second Atlas level, after 4 tries, but Pluto is killing me!!! How did you whip him? How did you get past Pluto? And was the girl with the Demon necessary? :lol:
?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”