about DVD s japanese audio

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Ochanomizu
Metro City Citizen

Postby Ochanomizu » 19 years ago

Hi !!
I´m new member from Spain

I would to know If USA dvd new Astro anime was released here and If it have Japanese audio.

thanks!!!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Not yet, even then, the audio will probably be dubbed English. There is a thread that discusses this topic, you could probably find it within a few minutes, as it is quite recent.

Ochanomizu
Metro City Citizen

thanks for the reply!
I´m going to buy the Asian import DVD´s version :lol:

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 19 years ago

I read on the Madman forum that the Columbia/Tristar R3 release has Japanese audio as well as English subtitles. They may be a little out grammatically given its HK but at least it's a legit release.

I'm still debating whther to go for that or the plain Japanese DVDs.... will depend on prices and more research
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Ochanomizu
Metro City Citizen

thanks for the information Haruka-chan!
The Japanese DVD´S are so expensive but covers are cool!Problem is only sub in japanese :cry:
I´m going to buy the HK version on yesasia,I hope the quality image will be great :unsure:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Haruka-chan@Sep 24 2004, 01:51 AM
I read on the Madman forum that the Columbia/Tristar R3 release has Japanese audio as well as English subtitles. They may be a little out grammatically given its HK but at least it's a legit release.

I'm still debating whther to go for that or the plain Japanese DVDs.... will depend on prices and more research

The original Uran & Uran has a cute dance scene in which the two half-Urans (Manga title was the 1/2 person) dance/argue about which one will wrestle, & which one will go to school. However, the English editors deposited this scene in the trash, Uran's twin cuts away while the two are still standing in the bushes. :cry: I suppose that there were other cute scenes that were also cut from the English dubbed version.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”