Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Spirit
Kokoro Robot

Postby Spirit » 19 years ago

Looks cool! :wub:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

Cool. I kinda want it just for the box. Now let's see them do something like this for the new series.

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 19 years ago

For those in AUSSIE land, check out the latest KMART catalogue. they have 2 astroboy dvd's advertised with the new astro on the cover. They'er VOL1 & 2 in the catalogue and they're under $16.00aud!!!!!!!! I looked in my local store 2day but couldn't find any but its a heads up for all you aussie fans out there!! I don't know how many ep's are on a disc or any other details, but here's a look at them.

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 19 years ago

The other day at uni... the 22nd when they came out i saw someone wearing a black T-shirt with the new series image (DVD #1 cover) of Astro flying. It said 'now on dvd' or something.....

I wonder where she got it from :o
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 19 years ago

I actually went to Big-W to buy volumes 1 and 2 of the new series. Online it was said that these DVDs contained 11 episodes. For $16 that was really good value! Once I got to the store I picked up the DVDs and the Back stated there was 4 episodes per disk. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

This new Astroboy Series is not worth 13x$16 (208 total) imo. I will not be getting it now.

I will get the 80's series tho. That is worth $200 to me, and if I am thrifty I can probably pick it up cheaper.

STILL want BOTH series in Original Japaneese with English Dub tho. Authentic, obviously.
three and a half years.. for what?

adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 19 years ago

Here's some few DVD covers of the 2003 series:
4 eps each:

I also found a site selling all episodes of the 80's series around 30$ each DVD.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”