Oz Astroboy release(s!) announcments

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 19 years ago

Long time no post....oops. Anyway seeing as most of you don't browse the Madman forum and i doubt any of you went to Animania and to the Madman panel here is some great info for you! First all all quick explanation for those that don't know. Animania is a Sydney anime convention and as per usual at conventions Madman (the ones the distribute mostly all anime here) have a panel where they announce upcoming releases over the next few months, announce any new titles and answer questions. So of course i grabbed some important Atom info from there!:

In regards to the 80s series release on Nov 10th:
- The video masters are from Japan, provided happily by Tezuka Productions. Therefore they are lovely and crisp and clear
- The tin box will contain a now 24 page colour booklet
- The extra DVD will contain the original episode 1 and 2 from the 80s series subtitled AND the 1st episodes of the 1960s, subtitled probably (Sly couldn't remember 100% if it was subbed or dubbed)

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!

Madman will be releasing the 1960s Atom series on DVD! There is no set date or details at this time as it is a recent announcement but i asked Sly whether it would be subbed or dubbed. That isn't decided at the moment and they obviously have to do some more research but i explained about Japan having the full set of episodes on DVD and only a handfull of the dub being available. My guess is they will go with the subtitled option however he did say they might release a bit of both subbed & dubbed. More details will come as they start work on the project.

ALSO:

For those interested they will also be releasing Kimba on DVD (yes the original series i think he said)

EDIT: AND one of the Phoenix movies (referred to as Space Fire Bird)

And that's it for your infrequent update from the one connected with the rest of the Oz anime world! ^^ Exciting news, huh? Oh but if anyone lives in Melbourne btw.... i think they are paying for a big billboard to advertise the 80s series :o picts would be nice if you're from around there.
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Haruka-chan@Oct 24 2004, 01:32 PM
- The video masters are from Japan, provided happily by Tezuka Productions. Therefore they are lovely and crisp and clear
- The extra DVD will contain the original episode 1 and 2 from the 80s series subtitled AND the 1st episodes of the 1960s, subtitled probably (Sly couldn't remember 100% if it was subbed or dubbed)

Yiiiiiipiiiiii :wahah:
10th november will be marked as the "date of the century" in my personal calendar :D Maybe right after 19th may 2005 :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

10th of november..... Marine Corps birthday. Hooorahhhh. :lol:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 19 years ago

Rockin' good news! The 60's series being released is unbelievably good fortune, and while I'm sure they'll give Kimba better treatment than Rhino and who knows, maybe put the ENTIRE series out, not just half? (and once again, perhaps even use the Japanese masters not the aging crap that Rhino used???)

WOW! :wahah:

Edit: I didn't see the announcement for Kimba but they were talking about releasing Phoenix, AWESOME!
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

Lisa
Metro City Citizen

Postby Lisa » 19 years ago

Ya were at animania too?? Ahh! I could've met you ._. I met so many people there...

Although I wasn't able to stay there all day Saturday, since I went back to Canberra that evening.

Anyways, I heard about that with the old series! I'm so happy about it too <3 *love love* Hehe I also saw some neat stuff I wanted to buy but I ran out of money (of course ~__~) A little side track: they were selling a Kimba OST.

Too bad I couldn't find any Astroboy OST -_- I would've killed for them!

OMG I'd love to see that billboard! XD

[url=\'http://lisatails.deviantart.com\']Gallery...[/url]

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 19 years ago

im thinking about pre-ordering the box set from either sanity-online or dstore.. so i can get it the day its relesed .. im so excited...

i read somewhere that the tin box is limited editon to only 10,000. has anyone else heard this .

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Haruka-chan@Oct 24 2004, 07:32 AM
Long time no post....oops. Anyway seeing as most of you don't browse the Madman forum and i doubt any of you went to Animania and to the Madman panel here is some great info for you! First all all quick explanation for those that don't know. Animania is a Sydney anime convention and as per usual at conventions Madman (the ones the distribute mostly all anime here) have a panel where they announce upcoming releases over the next few months, announce any new titles and answer questions. So of course i grabbed some important Atom info from there!:

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!

Madman will be releasing the 1960s Atom series on DVD! There is no set date or details at this time as it is a recent announcement but i asked Sly whether it would be subbed or dubbed. That isn't decided at the moment and they obviously have to do some more research but i explained about Japan having the full set of episodes on DVD and only a handle of the dub being available. My guess is they will go with the subtitled option however he did say they might release a bit of both subbed & dubbed. More details will come as they start work on the project.

ALSO:

For those interested they will also be releasing Kimba on DVD (yes the original series i think he said)

And that's it for your infrequent update from the one connected with the rest of the Oz anime world! ^^ Exciting news, huh? Oh but if anyone lives in Melbourne btw.... i think they are paying for a big billboard to advertise the 80s series :o picts would be nice if you're from around there.

Being in region 1 sucks, everything is released at later dates. :cry:

Anyway, about the 60s, it is necessary to distinguish between Tetsuwan Atom & Astroboy. The former being in the Japanese language (Nihongo), while the latter was edited and dubbed into English. The latter exists now only in collectors' holdings, & from these certain episodes were restored and made available by The Right Stuf.

Regardless, I want to see it in whichever language the audio might be. :lol:

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 19 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Oct 25 2004, 01:41 AM

Not necessarily...look at how late they are getting Mononoke! And jusy when you're thinking about how great R2 in Japan must be, look how expensive their DVDs are!!! It all seems to even out in the end.
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by O2Destroyer+Oct 24 2004, 07:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (O2Destroyer @ Oct 24 2004, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert@Oct 25 2004, 01:41 AM

Not necessarily...look at how late they are getting Mononoke! And jusy when you're thinking about how great R2 in Japan must be, look how expensive their DVDs are!!! It all seems to even out in the end. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, but I can not even get Ryo-ohki anywhere but eDonkey, & I really prefer the dvds. Besides that, only the first 3 eps are available. :( :cry:

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Lisa@Oct 24 2004, 11:19 PM
Ya were at animania too?? Ahh! I could've met you ._. I met so many people there...

Although I wasn't able to stay there all day Saturday, since I went back to Canberra that evening.

Ah damn.....i wonder if you saw me :( Hmmm i was working at the SUAnime table a lot of the time....otherwise I was playing DDR downstairs (about the only girl playing) ^^ Hmmm if you saw me i was wearing jeans that are a size too big for me ^^; and a Cartoon Network Astro Boy singlet with an open short-sleeved button up shirt over the top (thats red patchwork pattern thingy) and on that i had about 4 badges. 3 Atom and 1 SUAnime......short brown hair and usually with my boyfriend, tall guy. Damn i should have made a post mentioning the con and that i was going :cry: Oh yeah and i usually had an Animania lanyard round my neck which i clipped the club pass to. I suppose there were a lot of people on Saturday but just in case you saw me.....

Oh blast i knew i forgot something! Yes Madman are also releasing one of the Phoenix movies.... Sly just said Space Fire Bird or something, i can't remember enough about what each of the movies are called to know which he was talking about.
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”