Found some astro on tv!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jarvic » 19 years ago

Hey all.

Just wanted to say that I've found some astroboy on TV, it's in french <_< on VRAK-TV at 7am and 6pm EST. I don't know if it's the new series or the 80's series (bonus if it's the 80's series! ;) , either way it may not be much (I don't speak french to well) but it's something. :wahah:

I've been needing a fix ever since YTV suspended astroboy and Anapan's server dried up of stuff that's watchable on my computer. :( (I don't even know what the address is anymore). ...Say cybotron, ya think you could encode us up some more new eps to realmedia? :) I saved all the stuff you've done so far, Denkou was the first ep that I saved... I'd love to see more 60's stuff though, I'm a bit of a history buff...(PS could you try to keep it at 450kbps or lower otherwise it gets too choppy thanks) :unsure:

Thanks!
J

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Ok I finally saw it, it's the new series, but it's also got the "step step stepping" (bip-bip-bip-bip) sounds that Astro makes as he walks (and Zoran too), that the english version doesn't have. Also it appears to be uncut, or at least less cut up compared to the english version, I'll have to see more eps to be sure. Looks like it has the english style start and end themes (I missed the start because I got a long distance call from England right at the worst possible time, so I'm not sure).

Plus it's on every day too so it's not an agonizing week long wait for the next ep. B)

J (programming the vcr)

cloudreed
Kokoro Robot

Postby cloudreed » 19 years ago

Originally posted by jarvic@Nov 19 2004, 10:18 AM
Ok I finally saw it, it's the new series, but it's also got the "step step stepping" (bip-bip-bip-bip) sounds that Astro makes as he walks (and Zoran too), that the english version doesn't have. Also it appears to be uncut, or at least less cut up compared to the english version, I'll have to see more eps to be sure. Looks like it has the english style start and end themes (I missed the start because I got a long distance call from England right at the worst possible time, so I'm not sure).

Plus it's on every day too so it's not an agonizing week long wait for the next ep. B)

J (programming the vcr)

[QUOTE] if you can tell from one of the two photos i added is astro sis, then you will know it's the 80's or the 2003 oncs.

80's

i like the 80's eps of astroboy and the 2003, but i do not see the 60's. i was not around back then. i was boring in the 80's (well 1981). i like the ep of astroboy of the 80's were the 80's photo is from. i can remember parts of it, but i like to get the ep downloaded to the computer so i can see it over and over.

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Yeah I know which series is which. What I meant to say was I didn't know what series they were showing yet as I haven't seen what they where airing yet. But I caught it last night, it's the new (2000's) version.

I am very interested in seeing more B/W 60's eps though, I love looking back and seeing how things used to be... the differences then and now... I also especially want to see that 60's ep Astroboy Goes to School as it looks like it's really funny... Astro wearing a dunce cap... I gotta see that... :lol:

J

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

:angry: :angry: Well wouldn't you know it, the vcr is set properly and instead I end up taping X-Men instead. Bhleecch! The cute lil robot only runs monday-thursday. :( :angry: Now I gotta wait until monday. :cry:

J

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 19 years ago

What part of Canada are you in? I have starchoice and I can't find that channel..
I probably don't have it :cry: ..I would watch it even though I don't understand french.

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Eastern Ontario, Canada. I live in a now-overgrown suburb nestled between a garbage dump and a swamp. :P

If you have starchoice you should have it... I get VRAK on Rogers cable as well as Bell ExpressVu... just a minute.... (checks JamTV online listings).. Yep, VRAK is available on starchoice, it's there... just don't know what channel. It's a french channel and also goes off the air late at night (not even a colourstripe screen thingy)...

Found it! Try channel 770 on starchoice east. (assuming you live on the east side of Canada.)

J

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 19 years ago

I'll check later in the afternoon today, thanks. I don't think I have paid for that channel though. Thanks for the info though.

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Thought I should say that I have been watching this french version on VRAK for about two weeks now... So far I haven't seen any new episodes that I haven't seen yet in english. In the english series YTV got as far as the Microbears episode before they dropped the series in september. It's not even on their website anymore. :( On VRAK they just showed the Boon Unit ep today (Kid, lift with your legs! ;) . But at least VRAK is showing it 4 days a week so it's moving 4x as fast as YTV. Shouldn't be long before they either get to episodes I haven't seen yet or go back to the start again, or drop it for something else (nooo...)

The french series seems to be exactly like the english series but dubbed into french of course. Same intro/credits. Same background music. I think the foley (sound effects) may be a little bit better. Zoran is the only robot that has the "whit-whit-whit" walking sound. You can hear Astros steps too but they sound like regular rubber boots! His steps sound pretty much the same as everyone else's. I don't know who the voice actors are but the voices sound very close to the english series. Alejo(Tamao) still sounds kinda raspy-ish... and Reno still sounds like he has a cold and really has to blow his nose! But his cold is worse in english. Listen to him in that ep with the little kid who liked to dress up like a robot, whose mother is some sort of astronaut/test pilot. There's a scene where Reno is yakking about the spaceship and it's like you want to order him to the bathroom and not to come back until his sinuses are clear. :lol:

J

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Well VRAK is showing new episodes now... well I mean past what YTV showed. I've seen two eps with The Character Formerly Known As Daddy Walrus. From what I gather he's just a P.I. looking for lost animals... so what's up between him and Yuko? It looked like he tried to make a pass at her and it backfired.

So as of today VRAK is up to the episode entitled "Voyage au Centre de la Terre"... on Monday VRAK's schedule changes, it used to be at 7am and 6pm mon-thurs, but it is moving to 7:30am and 3:00pm every day now... which is good, gets rid of that 3 day weekend wait... but I'm also a bit wary as tv stations tend to push the reset button and go back to the beginning of the series whenever they shuffle their schedules around. Hopefully they won't do that though... I'm looking forward to more new eps... especially that "Astro's in Luuuurrrrv :wub: :wub: " ep.... ...even if I don't understand french that well...

J

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”