Different Versions - Canada???

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jarvic » 19 years ago

Yeah Herc had some ring that he used to power up, he also had a moon stone in his giant belt buckle that the used to shine a moon beam to summon something, I think it was his winged horse pegasus (Woah, isn't Tenma japanese for pegasus?! ;) kinda like a Bat-signal. :lol: I think my favorite ep was one of the first ones with the 3 headed hydra, wow I haven't seen that show in a long time, but I still remember the little tune that Newton used to sing.

Yes Rocket Robin Hood was on teletoon a while ago. I was hoping they'd put Hercules on too sometime. It would be wicked if teletoon could put on the canadian 80's astroboy on Teletoon Retro! :wahah:

J

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 1 2005, 07:50 AM
I don't know who Jump/Feather might be.

Jump is Astro's dog. His french name was plume, which means 'feather' in english.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Mar 31 2005, 11:43 PM
I recall that H was not naturally super strong, but only when he wore his special ring. He put it on, & held his hand high, it was struck by lightning, & there was a particular theme that played during this scene.

Another guy who was 'energized' was Sinbad the sailor. He pulled his belt tight,

with all his might,

A mighty sailor he'll be,

a mighty sailor is he! :D

Fearless Fly was also empowered by his glasses, of all things!

In the live-action world, I remember a very short-lived show called Mr. Terrific. It seems the scientists developed a super pill, that when swallowed, gave the guy super strength. Too bad it only worked with Stanley Bemish, who was quite squeamish, or something like that. He took off his windbreaker, revered it, put it on, it was silver like the Gemeni space suits. He put his hands in his puckets (of the jacket), flapped his armsm and flew. I think the pill's affects only lasted a few minutes though. :lol:

Mr. Terrific

Sorry, it was Sinbad Jr that I remember. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Strange Wings+Apr 2 2005, 12:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strange Wings @ Apr 2 2005, 12:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@Apr 1 2005, 07:50 AM
I don't know who Jump/Feather might be.

Jump is Astro's dog. His french name was plume, which means 'feather' in english. [/b][/quote]
Oh thank you... I knew it, I just had totally forgotten him!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"kaneda-ryu" wrote:Wow you guys bring back good memories. i used to watch astroboy on global edmonton back then it was known as ITV . i remember sarah, peabody, albert , atlus, and slippery. This was about 20 years ago now. wow i'm 30 already????

:lol: Who was Slippery?

I don't remember the other show you were speaking of.

Welcome! :)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

"kaneda-ryu" wrote:I remember "Tales from the Wizard of Oz" it was also ITV. Back then I ws more into GI Joe and Transformers toons. good times.

cool :cool:

so... why don't you sign up? :whistling:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”