Cancled or Not?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 19 years ago

Ok I knwo this has been brought up before bt has the 2004 Astro Boy been cancled and if so then does anybody know why?
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 19 years ago

Well, here's one reason why: Kids WB has put in new shows;The Batman and Da Boom Crew. When new shows come in, old shows go out. Same thing goes to Cartoon Network. Astro Boy used to be at 3:00pm on Kids WB, and at 8:00pm on Cartoon Network.

:angry: Man, I just wish they bring that show back... :cry:

Thank you, you're too kind.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 19 years ago

Well so whoever owned the rigths to Astro Boy just gave up shows just dont get cancled after one season!!!!!
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

2 different things here:

1. The series runs 50 episodes.

2 the English dubbed version was not even given a chance to draw an audience. KWB ran no more than 8 episodes, CN ran no more than 12. The fact that nearly all humor and cuteness was cut & the dialogue was changed so that it would supposedly have a greater appeal to boys is independant from the fact that network execs axed it after only a few weeks. Perhaps the editing might have backfired, & turned off the target audience, but who can really say. ;)

astroboykickedmyass
Metro City Citizen

Postby astroboykickedmyass » 19 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Dec 20 2004, 09:59 AM
2 different things here:

1. The series runs 50 episodes.

2 the English dubbed version was not even given a chance to draw an audience. KWB ran no more than 8 episodes, CN ran no more than 12. The fact that nearly all humor and cuteness was cut & the dialogue was changed so that it would supposedly have a greater appeal to boys is independant from the fact that network execs axed it after only a few weeks. Perhaps the editing might have backfired, & turned off the target audience, but who can really say. ;)

I heard its placed on "hiatus" at the moment and that maybe the episodes will get another after the so-called movie thats going to come out whenever

tinlunlau
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby tinlunlau » 19 years ago

when it comes to international entertainment, Americans will never get it right.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

Ain't that the truth. If it doesn't involve creatures or cards or SOME sort of tournament, they don't give it a decent shot. I wish they'd at least put the darn thing on DVD. WITH SUBTITLES! If I have to hear Astro say "Let's rocket" one more time! (actually, it's kinda cute.)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”