Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

should we tell Jb or AF? becuase they might agree with the idea of a word limit
Unyongnekasayo

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"Astro Boy8629" wrote:My sig is 309 x 220. I've seen people with small sigs, but they have a bunch of links or text under it, so if there was a picture the same size it would be about 300 pixels tall

The original limit was 100 pixels and some of us felt that was enough, others not enough. Now it is 150 pixels. Let's try to stick to that, at least. Finding justifications to go up to 309 is pushing it. I'd go the other way and say that if one wants to have a 100 pixels signature and one line of text below, fine. If one wants to have a 150 pixels signature, then no text below; 640 should be wide enough to put text right into the image, at the left or right. If somebody doesn't want any image but a few lines of text instead, fine. In the end, if we took a picture of a signature, text and image included, it should not result in an image of more than 150 pixels. That would be fair to everyone.

"Astronomical girl" wrote:how about a word limit? like you need to write in more then say no less seven words per post.On MNI (MuggleNet Interactive) they had a rule that you when you posted it had to be more then x number of words per post otherwise it was spam (that understood that part but made sense not to words less then x number of words)

The problem is that it is really hard to put everything into rules. I had been thinking about how to put what I wanted to say into rules for a good month already when I posted my first message of the last week in this thread.

I wouldn't want to be restricted to only captions of more than 7 words if just one is enough. I want to be able to reply to a funny post with just a smiley once in a while (I insist, "once in a while"!).

We need people to be aware of the manner in which they are posting at any time, and be mindful of others. If one knows he is posting 30 posts a day, 28 of which are posts with only a few words, the problem isn't that posts with less than 7 words are allowed, but that there are 28 of them.

Even if we made a rule of 7 words post, I'm sure many people would add words just because they have to, not because they have something they really want to say into those 7 words. That wouldn't make discussions more interesting.

"Fauna" wrote:Oh man, I just remembered what I wanted to say before...there's some threads in the Astro Boy Discussion section that make me feel like I'm walking into a dirty, darkened saloon.

And sitting at all the tables, staring at me, are two-word posts.

I still don't think of this forum as a "dirty saloon", but I also had this image of being in a restaurant and trying to have a conversation with the people at the same table being difficult because of a loud table next to it.

I think some members have made an effort in the past few days, am I alone in noticing that (I'm asking to those who are complaining)? There are still a lot of short posts, but I do see an effort to stick to the topic and not as many threads are affected (I've yet to read the forum today though).

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"Astronomical girl" wrote:should we tell Jb or AF? becuase they might agree with the idea of a word limit

Okay, so how about asking the posters who know that they often post just a few words to write at least 7 of them, if that could help?

I also gave another idea to one member in private this week: if you agree with somebody, do not just say "I agree": explain why.

Astronomical girl
Banned

seems reasonable,AF,but the idea of a word limit is to have posters have posters perhaps use more vocabulary and more input on writing.
Unyongnekasayo

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:(I'll immediatly downsize my signature once I get to use the P.C., my laptop doesn't have any pics)

That was what I was going to say, I word limit. The problem with that is because sometimes you have something to say, however it is only a few words, so you cannot say that because of the words. Seven is a reasonable limit, however, thats fine with me :)

Though your signature image is 243 x 168 pixels, the accompanying text is next to it, rather than under it. :astro:

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 13 years ago

You can please some people some of the time, yadda yadda...

Don't forget you can turn signatures off in your control panel if you think they're too unweildy.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

I finally fixed mine and it's 274 x 150. I got an idea from what jeffbert posted and I adjusted my sig :)
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Astronomical girl
Banned

awesome sigg dude ;)
Unyongnekasayo

adi_nugraha
Kokoro Robot

Postby adi_nugraha » 13 years ago

hey,who is DR.Fragg..?
Facebook
Twitter
[url=lesehan-blog.blogspot.com]Blog (Id language)[/url]
I`m Modeling, I`m Editing, I`m Animator, I`m AstroBoy Fans

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

DrFrag is a member who comes from time to time. We didn't "see" him since around a year. What do you want to know exactly?
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”