whats your favariot character in astro boy?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

:astro: !
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

For those that just HAVE to say Astro is their favorite character, which version?
There are three Anime versions, the CGI movie, and the Manga versions to pick from. I'm partial to the 1963 Anime version myself, though I'm also fond of the 2003 Astro as well (he can sound so innocent in that incarnation).

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

"kscharf" wrote:For those that just HAVE to say Astro is their favorite character, which version?
There are three Anime versions, the CGI movie, and the Manga versions to pick from. I'm partial to the 1963 Anime version myself, though I'm also fond of the 2003 Astro as well (he can sound so innocent in that incarnation).

I'll have to agree with you and say that the 1963 Atom and the 2003 Atom are my favorites. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go with the 2003 one. I like how he has a little more depth to him in the 2003 anime than as compared to the other anime.

As for the topic at hand, I'd have to say the main protagonist, Atom, again. Tenma is a close second.

Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

Postby Xandreita93X » 11 years ago

Atom, Tenma and Tobio
Atom hmm i love the version of 2003 and the manga, in both his story is more darker than the other (2009 and 1980)
Tenma, i prefer the 2003 version, because 1980 he only appears in 2 episodes. 2009 is obviously. and in the manga, sometimes i love him (when he changed his behavior and saved Atom in a chapter), others he is too mad :/
Tobio 2003, because he is more involved in the story, in the manga and others never talked about him to much, and he is one of the character i wanted to know about, and about his relation with his mother, etc.
In the manga of the 2003 version talked a little more about him *o*!
Last edited by Xandreita93X on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DA ->http://xandreita93x.deviantart.com/
I <3 Atom, Tenma , Tobio *o* and Ratom xDDD
I'M NOT SO GOOD AT ENGLISH, SORRY IF I MESSED UP XD
Si alguien aquí habla español, bienvenido sea :D DDD

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I have to agree with the 1960's and 2003 versions. I like how he's drawn in the 60's (the 2003 is less like the manga - kind of "art-deco") - but I like his character development in the 03.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

I preffer Atom and Uran from the 2003 anime.

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

Tenma from the 2003 series has to be my favorite character (other than astro himself). He has so much backstory, which makes him one of the most interesting characters.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Tenma really is an interesting character especially in the 2003 anime. I really liked how the writers focused on him more in this series instead of letting him just slip into the background.

I myself am a fan of Bem/Bimo from he 1960s anime and original manga.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I'm going to be unoriginal and say Astro! 1980s Astro to be specific.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

Oh man, this thread is active again? Thwn I've got to chime in and add that I, too, like Tenma the best, to be honest. I think it's because in the manga and the 2003 series, he's quite similar to me (or at least the parts of myself I'm working on), and his 2003 version is a really accurate, sympathetic portrayal of someone with OCD. I've been a huge fan of him ever since I was maybe 13/14. (Some people on this forum might know about my big crush on him at that age, gah.) I think the 2003 series had my favourite characterizations of the main original characters, too. They even finally gave Uran some pants. (I say this, but she is THE best in the 2003 series.)

I don't like the timeskip AU (see English volumes 5-7) version of Dr. Tenma at all, though. He's such a bag of trash in volume 7, and not at all in the good way.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”