whats your favariot character in astro boy?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

Astro and Tobio are clearly distinct characters. They could probably hardly be nearer one from another than twins. Or maybe their relation could be one of a ghola with his/her original. Gholas in general present an interesting identity problem, especially when they recover the memories of their original ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

what is your lest fab?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

DrFrag wrote:I used to, but when I started making my web site I tried to categorise the characters. Good, evil, robot, human, etc. Now I think of them as quite distinct because one is human and the other is robot.

I wonder what they would have thought of each other if they could have met.

How would you classify the distinction between human Daichi & the Daichi?

Or the Human Tommy & the robot Tommy (the lever in the robot rocket)?

With regards to the 2003 version,

1. Tenma created both Tobio & Daichi using memories from their human counterparts.
  2. The show depicted Atom experiencing events that were cues to memories from Tobio's life. I do not recall any such depictions of Daichi remembering

Anyway, Seeing how Tenma seemed intent on giving Daichi's dad the oppotunity to do things right, where Tenma had failed, but upon examining Daichi's memories, decided to use the robot to give the man what he really deserved. I think that Tenma created Daichi/Atlas using similar techniques as he used creating Tobio/Atom; however, he built the Atlas feature to give the father what he really deserved.

Could Daichi have turned out good if his father had not continued to be a jerk? I think Atlas would have risen regardless. Daichi was a punk as a human, & as a robot he was all the more a punk. Once he realized that he had both power & no limitations on using it (inability to harm humans) he went mad with power.

But this was the same Daichi as the human, just that he had power. Atom was Tobio, but with both the strengths & weaknesses of a robot (inability to harm humans). He had the bitter memories of Tobio being neglected, of going to the picnic & running the 3-legged race with someone other than papa, etc. Yet Tobio was 5-6 years younger than Daichi, & so had not beocme as bitter as he.

:astro:
Insufficient data regarding the lever.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

i don't go to this form as much as i use-to :(

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

jeffbert wrote:[*]The show depicted Atom experiencing events that were cues to memories from Tobio's life. I do not recall any such depictions of Daichi remembering
I don't remember clearly... Were they memories from Tobio the boy or Tobio the robot? I thought they were from his previous life as a robot.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

jeffbert wrote:How would you classify the distinction between human Daichi & the Daichi?

For the web site I've classified Daichi/Atlas as one character having two forms (both robot, leaving the human Daichi as a historical comment). I don't think there's enough on the human Daichi to warrant its own page.

I suppose technically it's two characters: the human Daichi and the transforming Daichi/Atlas robot.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Astro Forever wrote:I don't remember clearly... Were they memories from Tobio the boy or Tobio the robot? I thought they were from his previous life as a robot.

Atom/Tobio had memories from the human Tobio implanted in him.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

DrFrag wrote:For the web site I've classified Daichi/Atlas as one character having two forms (both robot, leaving the human Daichi as a historical comment). I don't think there's enough on the human Daichi to warrant its own page.

I suppose technically it's two characters: the human Daichi and the transforming Daichi/Atlas robot.

I ask this in comparision to your classification of the distinction between Atom & Tobio.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

For simple enjoyment of the anime, I don't think there's a need to classify or categorise them. I've only done so for the web site design out of a practical need, and that distorts the comparison a bit. I suppose in the 2003 series, Atlas/Daichi is parallel to Astro/Tobio.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

DrFrag wrote:For simple enjoyment of the anime, I don't think there's a need to classify or categorise them. I've only done so for the web site design out of a practical need, and that distorts the comparison a bit. I suppose in the 2003 series, Atlas/Daichi is parallel to Astro/Tobio.

Atlas and Astro are brothers but there so opasite

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”