What is your favourite version of astroboy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Matty_kool
Metro City Citizen

What is your favourite version of astroboy

Postby Matty_kool » 18 years ago

Let's see which is most polular...

I like the 80's version the best. :astro:
"I just don't wanna leave you. It's just that you mean so much to me. I guess that humans would call this special feeling love."

←[SIZE=4]←[/SIZE] :astro: Osamu Tezuka 3 Nov 1928 - 9 Feb 1989. 48 DAYS BEFORE I WAS BORN.

Long Live Osamu Tezuka :astro: We All Praise You.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 18 years ago

I think there is already a topic like this but I could be mistaken. Most here like the 80s the most. There seems to be more hate for the 03 version and for good reason but I still adore it :wub:
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 18 years ago

I loved the 2003 series but after watching the 80s, I thought the 80s was better. Astro in the 2003 one sounds weird after watching the 80s one.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 18 years ago

stoogefreaky wrote:I loved the 2003 series but after watching the 80s, I thought the 80s was better. Astro in the 2003 one sounds weird after watching the 80s one.

Yeah I guess they appealed to kids a little bit too much to the point where they did not care enough either. :unsure:
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

1980 :wub:

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 18 years ago

The following might be complicated...

I love the 1960s version the best because he looks older than the 80s version, much more cartoony, and he is in black and white! ^^

But If I could just create an Astro, a la Carte, he would have the look of the 2000s version, the personality of the 80s, and the cartoony durability and feel of the 60s. B) Voice... 60s version, Billie Watt style... or 80s version... Absolutely not the 2000s version.

I don't like the 80s version because I totally don't dig the chubbiness of the character design. I really don't like the 2000s version because of his personality (too wimpy) and lack of humor in overall design (give him back his hip guns and other "useless" powers the animators scrapped from the original!).

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

well i have watched one or two of the 1980's and astro vovie is difffrent from the 2003 version... but i like the 2003 better becuase it looks cooler and i love the futue buildings in metro city that must of took time to think of some like that and to draw it out

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Breakman wrote:But If I could just create an Astro, a la Carte, he would have the look of the 2000s version, the personality of the 80s, and the cartoony durability and feel of the 60s. B) Voice... 60s version, Billie Watt style... or 80s version... Absolutely not the 2000s version.

I'll settle for more 80s episodes. :D

dirtmcgirt
Kokoro Robot

Postby dirtmcgirt » 18 years ago

I've only seen bits in pieces of the 60's and 80's astro so I'm going with the 03 version cause I've seen everything he's done and liked it. :D

But I'm not sure if any of them are better than they other, I think each version is just suppose to be in the voice of it's audience. It's like comparing leave it to beaver to what ever is suppose to be a family sitcom today.

Astro is just a great story than can transend generations, like spiderman. It's like every 20 years theres a new astroboy TV show cause what's important about astroboy is will always apply to the world. So as the world changes so will astro so that his message live on.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

well the 2003 was made becuase it was astro's birthday on the 7th of april 2003

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”