The American Astro Boy Comic [Pic. Heavy]

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Thanks! What is Nuka's role in this comic, is she still a walking H-bomb? :astro:

She's a normal human girl, about the age of ten, in Mr. Pompus's class. Throughout the comic it's been hinted that she and Astro may be in love with each other. Her role, I guess, would be either The Female Friend or The Love Interest.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;75157]Thanks! What is Nuka's role in this comic, is she still a walking H-bomb? :astro:

She's a normal human girl, about the age of ten, in Mr. Pompus's class. Throughout the comic it's been hinted that she and Astro may be in love with each other. Her role, I guess, would be either The Female Friend or The Love Interest.[/QUOTE]

How do you know Nuka = Krystal Kleer? Could she be just another blond girl?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

To be honest...I guessed:
ImageImage
They simplified her bangs a little, but otherwise it seems to be the same girl. And they do look a similar for it to be a complete coincidence. [You know, perhaps if the series went on longer they would have revealed Krystal to be a robot or something.]

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Okay. I'm sorry for double-posting and not letting Jeffbert speak, but...
WHO WANTS SCANS? I GOT SCANS! AND A RANT!

This lovely bit features the most of Mr. Pompus I can find, as well as Archie (Shibugaki, kid with cone). I want you to to look at Archibald, and you tell me what he's doing.

Wee bit of a mug, ain't he?

Here's Rebecca. This, IMO, is her best picture in the book.

The boy is "Astor" (Tobio) and the woman is Jean Boynton. Wait, do you remember the first episode of the 80's toon? Remember Tenma's female assistant identified as Ms. Honda? Jean appears only in three panels, but I find she and Honda appear rather similar...

Mr. Skunk, I have bad news. I've scoured my issues, I've trowelled through Google searches for scans, but I cannot find Skunk Kusai anywhere in the comic. :( There's a very thin chance that he may have shown up in #19 or the final #20, which were seperate stories, but don't get your hopes up. If I find those issues I'll give my word on them.

Now my rant...well, according to this thread that I found in the armpit of the forum, the comic was written for people much older than me. That means, there was a higher target demographic, one that soars over my head. Take a look at this:
Oy. Boynton gets really ugly in #8 or so, when he starts hallucinating and thinking that he's about to be "punished for your horrible crime!" and whips out the artillery. I know Tenma was crazy in the Tezuka works, but this is a huge dramatization. I do :heart: that crazy doctor, and this is very painful to watch.

As well, Astro is very different. He's much more violent in this version, to the point where he bounces between "I'm a widdle kid" and "IT'S RIPPING TIME!!" Here he is shown throwing Cacciatore/Hamegg around while Hamitore screams in broken english ["HELP-A LUIGI! HE-A DIE!"] But on the second page of the thread, I stumbled upon the most disgusting, morbid image that has ever been conceived by the human mind, transferred into paper and registered on my brain, where the image has now imbedded itself. Do not click that thumbnail unless you have a stomach harder than Kevlar. Unlike me...
BLOODY HECK. BLOODY, BLOODY HECK. Thankfully it's in B & W or I would have gone into stage four:
That's my doodle. Remember, Fauna does not endorse ralphing humour.
I was so scared I had to share it with my mother [She said "EEW!!"] but I distorted for her ears it to make it that the bloke was shot in the arm, not the chest. Either way, Astro a-jammin' his hand in some guy's ribs is NOT what I want. What happened to lil' :astro: ? :cry: I think NOW! Comics got their name from the phrase "We got the rights to these characters, NOW look at them!!"
[/rant]

I'll get the final scans later.
Last edited by Fauna on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Thanks for the pics.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

You're welcome, Jeffbert. :) But here's the final three pictures:
ImageImageImage
Astor Boynton, Cacciatore and Tas Tamil.
BTW, if you have to write further on that article about Astro's parents, I've scraped up a little info on the Boynton family:
The couple's relations are mentioned only on two pages, one with Dr. Boynton desperately trying to get Jean and Astor back to their house. [Astro: "Are they dead?"] And here Astor asks "Are you and Mom still mad at me?" That page also makes implications that Boynton is not living with the rest of his family and he can only see his son on Saturday. I figure the boy caused (possibly indirectly) some event that caused the couple to split and Boynton to moved out, and later Astor was hit by the truck. NOW! left several gaps in this.

Last thing on the Skunk dilema...I found summaries, and those last issues turned out to be pointless and only about Astro, with no possibilities that the blue-faced man may appear. :( I hate disappointing people.

~Ciao

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 16 years ago

Don't worry about it, Fauna. :) Hey, I'm glad that there's at least some HamEgg and Duke Red. :w00t:
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 16 years ago

I have the first comic on my FTP somewhere.
When I get a new scanner I'll do the entire set since it's the reason I bought them in the first place. Gotta archive and share these things. I'd completely forgotten I even had them till I saw the post.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

The comic seems consistent with the English version of the B&W anime version of Tobio's death. The cars drove themselves; but I am not sure that the original Japanese would support this. Regardless, it does seem to be in store for us, :mad: but I still prefer to drive myself.

Thanks for thye pics, Fauna. Anapan, I look forward to seeing the comics.

StellDream
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby StellDream » 16 years ago

In China, cannot visit Anapan FTP, other FTP cannot visit, I do not know the reason. But, I guessed that, the government has blocked the IP address section which FTP is at,

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”