Tezuka Characters in "Sonic the Hedgehog"?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Tezuka Characters in "Sonic the Hedgehog"?

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

The pictures aren't in best detail, though.

I was watching the 1993 cartoon "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog". There was a scene with Robotnik holding an evil robot convention. About two minutes in, I caught this:

:hyo: It's the Hyotantsugi in front row! Seconds later, there was:

The gold robot looks like one of the Robot Bombs, the red one looks a bit like manga Atlas, and the lavender-hooded guy behind them I've seen before, but I can't remember where.

Suddenly, the Hyotantsugi lookalike randomly slides in behind Robotnik and stays for a few seconds. Then, everybody sees Sonic, a fight ensues, and the four are gone.
As soon as I saw this, I had to take the pictures and bring them here. If you want to see the episode it's here, but in Swedish. It's the only high-quality copy I could find.
Last edited by Fauna on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:Image

The gold robot looks like one of the Robot Bombs, the red one looks a bit like manga Atlas, and the lavender-hooded guy behind them I've seen before, but I can't remember where.

Interesting findings!

The light blue one in the background reminds me of Bruton, and the green one reminds me a bit of Molnar, both from The Greatest Robot in the World.

I think I'll just go watch these episodes! :cool: :p

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 16 years ago

That's cool! I had an Astroboy sighting last month, in the Southpark episode Imaginationland 1

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 16 years ago

:D Aww. Astro looks quite cute considering what South Park usually is coming up with in terms of drawing.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 16 years ago

"Anapan" wrote:That's cool! I had an Astroboy sighting last month, in the Southpark episode Imaginationland 1

wow Astroboy sure looks cute and i must say Jack looks amazing!

i tried editing all famous Astroboy Cameos in the Wikipedia article but someone removed it >___>
Last edited by Hikari Tail on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

I found a Tezuka character in the music video of "Life Is Flashing Before Your Eyes":
That's Cocoa from Nextworld, or Lily from the 1980's episode "Lily on Peligro Island". She appears at 2:02.
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thanks would had watch that show if i knew Astroboy was in the episode- thanks and hugs.

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:The pictures aren't in best detail, though.

I was watching the 1993 cartoon "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog". There was a scene with Robotnik holding an evil robot convention. About two minutes in, I caught this:

Suddenly, the Hyotantsugi lookalike randomly slides in behind Robotnik and stays for a few seconds. Then, everybody sees Sonic, a fight ensues, and the four are gone.
As soon as I saw this, I had to take the pictures and bring them here. If you want to see the episode it's here, but in Swedish. It's the only high-quality copy I could find.

Another idea for that video is that you could watch the full ep in english here
It's not high quality, but it's worth it right? :D

Thank you, you're too kind.

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 16 years ago

"tic_tac_astro" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;76247]The pictures aren't in best detail, though.

Another idea for that video is that you could watch the full ep in english here
It's not high quality, but it's worth it right? :D
Otherwise, you can download the Veoh Player and watch it there.

Thank you, you're too kind.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Thanks, hard to believe that guy from Family Matters, who played Urkel, Jaleel White, i Think that is his name did the voice for Sonic.He did a great voice- over i thought. Thanks everyone, praying you the very best, Toni.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”