Astro Boy-Zircon Fanfic

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 15 years ago

Sorry for the wait ppl; I've revised over 8 chapters during the summer but never posted them. I'll do two for today and revise as I go. ^^;

Chapter 9: Practice, Anyone?

After half an hour has passed, Dr. O’shay appeared out of Central City, holding a bag of supplies.
“Alright, you three, I have the supplies,” he said. “Zircon, did you enjoy your adventure of Central City?” Zircon smiled. “Of course, Doctor,” she said. “We’ll show you other parts of the city tomorrow,” Astro said. Zircon turned her head and noticed bunch of roller coasters and the Ferris wheel from afar.
“Is that the Amusement Park?” she pointed. “Yeah,” Zoran said. “That place is filled with rides and attractions that tons people enjoy; that’s what makes it fun!” “But that can wait until tomorrow,” Doctor said. “You mean we’re going there tomorrow?” Zircon asked. “Of course; why do you ask?” She shrugged. “No special reason,” she said, and then looked at Astro.
“So this is what you mean by ‘big surprise’,” she grinned. Astro laughed. “I tried to keep it secret, didn’t I?” he asked. *I can’t wait until tomorrow!* she thought. *All of those rides look so cool; I feel like going on them now!*
Doctor looked at his watch and realized it was almost 3 P.M.
“Astro,” he said. “I believe you should get going. You don’t want to miss your Rocket Ball practice.” “Alright,” Astro said. “I also need to bring Zircon.” Doctor was a bit puzzled. “Why do you need to bring her?” “She’s going to be a new player on our team, since the other team has a new player, too.” “Alright,” Doctor said. “Go ahead, Zircon. I hope you’ll do well.” “I’ll try my best, Doctor,” she said. “Good luck, guys!” Zoran said. “Hope you win!” Doctor and Zoran waved, got into the air car, and left Central City.
“Let’s get going; I’ll carry you there,” Astro said. “Thanks, but you don’t need to,” she replied. Now Astro was puzzled, but he knew where she was getting at. “Oh, are you a flyer?” he asked. Zircon nodded. “It’s hard to tell since there isn’t anything on me that could enable flight; however, my jewel can do that.”
Using the power from the Adrenaline Jewel, Zircon instantly floated in midair. “Wow,” Astro said surprised, but he then appeared worried. “Don’t you get tired if you used too much power from that jewel on flying?” “Oh no, flying is nothing,” Zircon said. ”If I were to carry something through levitation it would tire me depending on the duration. Strength won’t affect it.” “Okay, I understand,” Astro said, as he also started to fly in midair.
“Let’s get to the practice court; our friends are waiting.” “I have friends?” Zircon asked. “Yeah,” Astro said. “By the looks of what they said that you can join our team, I believe they’re your friends now, since they also know a little about you.” “Thanks, Astro; that means a lot to me,” Zircon says smiling. Astro had nothing else to say, but instead he just smiled and blushes. Astro and Zircon then continues on their way to the Rocket Ball practice court.

Chapter 10: A Bet?

On their way to the practice court, Zircon noticed something swift passed her while flying, and it landed on top of the Eagle-shaped building. She looked closely at the figure, and noticed a person with black, almost spiky hair on its head, and its chin. She gasped.
“Zircon, are you all right?” Astro asked her. Zircon turned her head towards Astro; she just smiled as if it were nothing. “Nah, it was probably nothing; it might’ve been a bird or something.”
It was almost 3 o’ clock when Astro and Zircon got to the practice court. Astro’s friends and the other team were already there.
“Hey guys! Glad you could make it!” Alejo said, yelling from across the court.
“Hey!” The captain said from the other team stepped out from the other side of the court. “What’s she doing here?” “She’s here to play Rocket Ball,” Kennedy said. The captain wasn’t very surprised. “Girls can’t play,” “What do you mean, she can’t play?” Alejo asked. “It’s likely to know that girls never play manly sports like this!” One of his teammates stood beside him and pointed at her. “I have to agree; aren’t you afraid you’ll break a nail?” The whole team laughed while Zircon stared at the floor offended.
“Hey!” Astro said, walking up to the team captain while standing in front of Zircon. “There’s no rule in any sport that girls are restricted to play! Rocket Ball is a team sport, and anyone can play it!” Astro’s friends cheered, and Zircon smiled. The team captain just rubbed his nose.
“Well now; you say they can while I say they can’t. I’m telling you girls are a problem in sports! There are so many reasons why!”
“Everyone is different, you know,” Astro said. “No one is the same.”
“That’s not true!”
“Say that all you want; I know you can’t prove it!” The captain thought for a second and grinned. “That sounds like a wager, don’t you think?” he asked. “Here’s my wager; if my team wins, she must never play Rocket Ball again!” Both teams gasped except for the team’s captain and Astro. Tension was building inside of him while the captain laughed. “What’s with the grudge? You’re not afraid, are you?” he asked. Astro broke his rising tension. “No way,” he said. “I’d never back out of something like this. If our team wins, admit that Rocket Ball is a sport for anyone’s play!” “Fine by me; let’s shake on it to make it official.” He says extending his arm. Astro’s tension was rising again; a thought in his mind kept saying something was going to go horribly wrong. Kennedy butts in.
“Can I have a word with Astro?” Astro follows Kennedy to an open space of the court.
“Astro, do you know what you’re doing? I understand the bet, but you seem unsure about all of this.”
“I am,” Astro said. “The whole thing seems hopeless; something in the back of my mind is itching to tell me something was wrong from the start.”
“I know what you mean,” Alejo cuts in. “I felt it too; however, we won’t know what will happen until we find out for ourselves. If we lose or if you don’t agree, we would’ve lost the bet either way.” Astro thought for a second.
“You’re right; we’ll have to take the bet,” he said. “We’re doing this for Zircon; hopefully we’ll try the best we can no matter if we win or lose.” The other two nodded and they all walked back to the center court.
“Okay, the bet is on, but I’m only doing this for Zircon.” Zircon was surprised from what he said, and then smiled. Astro then shook hands with the team captain, and they both partly smiled. *Excellent,* he thought. *Just you wait, Zircon. Win or lose, you’ll be in for a big surprise.* His fingers were crossed behind his back when they shook!

Enjoy ppl. ^^

Thank you, you're too kind.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 15 years ago

Love your story
PRAY everyone the best and want to be a true friend- hugs and thanks- your friend toni

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Thanks tonigirl1000 ^^.
Here's the next two:

Chapter 11: A Game No One Will Forget

“Glad we got that out of the way,” Kennedy groaned. “Yeah,” Astro said. “Let’s just hope we win the bet, though I still have doubts.” Kennedy skated away while Astro put on his skates on the bench. Zircon moved towards him, with her skates already on her feet.
“Astro,” she said. Astro looked up at her from his skates. She appeared smiling softly and her cheeks revealed a light pink. “I can’t believe you stood up for me like that. I mean it was crazy enough to agree on that bet, but you said you’d do it for me. That’s really sweet of you.” Astro tilted his head down, blushing pinkish again.
“Thanks, but it’s no big deal,” he said and then stood up to look at her. “I just did it to make you happy. It wouldn’t be right for him to offend you, so I had to counter him. But don’t worry; everything will return to normal once this is finished.” Though he didn’t see it coming, but Zircon moved closer and hugged him. Since it was unexpected, Astro’s pinkish blushing went to a bright red, and his mouth was slightly open.
“You’re the best,” Zircon said. “For a friend, you’re the only one who seems to look out for me.” Zircon then lets go of him, waved and skated away towards the center court. Astro’s blushing dimmed down. *I don’t know what to say,* he thought. *I’ve only met her yesterday, and she thinks I can trust her…*
“Okay everybody, listen up!” Kennedy yells to get everybody’s attention. “The game is about to begin! Get into your positions!” Everybody gets in their positions.
“Good luck, Zircon,” The captain said. “You’re going to need it!” Zircon looked at the team captain, and grumbled. The referee, Abercrombie, throws the ball into the air. Luckily, Kennedy jumped up and grabbed it first. “Over here, Kennedy!” Alejo yells out in the open. Just in time, Kennedy threw the ball just before one of the other team’s players tried to tackle him. Alejo starts skating down the court while the other team started charging at him. Alejo freaked and he didn’t know what to do at the time, till suddenly notices Zircon out in the open.
“Zircon! Take the ball!” he yelled while he threw it at her. Zircon caught the ball, but she was puzzled on what to do with it.
The other team started to charge at her. When she finally devised a plan, she had the idea of charging, but she started charging against the opposing team.
“What is she doing?” Kennedy asked, staring at her. “There’s no way she can pass the other team; they’re blocking her!” *She has an idea!* Astro thought while computing her plan. *I can see it!* Zircon threw the ball into the air, forming an arc over the five players, and then took a devastating slide under the captain’s legs!
Astro’s team was so amazed, their mouth’s dropped!
“How did she do that?” the captain said as he and his team chase after her. “She had us fooled, captain,” one of the captain’s players said. “We’ll assure you that this won’t happen again.” ”That better be truth coming out of your mouth…” After she caught the ball, she noticed Astro was open, and was also near the opponent’s goal.
“Astro, take this!” She threw the ball at him just before she was tackled. Astro then took the ball, and threw it into goal. Astro’s team cheered, but for the other team, the captain just slammed his fist onto the concrete.
During a short break, Astro’s team was still amazed about Zircon’s tricky shot.
“How did you get pass them, Zircon?” Alejo asked. That was such an excellent play, I didn’t see it coming!” “Well,” Zircon began. “I just computed the best route. I had to do it unless I’d get trampled.”
“I’m sure they won’t regret that one,” Astro said. “It probably doesn’t matter anymore,” Zircon said. “I only did it once so we could score an open goal.” “We know,” Abercrombie said. “If we can keep this up, we can beat the other team in no time flat!”
One player from the other team came up to the captain a few feet across from Astro’s team.
“Don’t worry, captain,” he said. “It was just one goal, we’ll get them next time – “
“I don’t care about that!” the captain yelled. “I care about winning! We can’t let these losers beat us! It’s our job to never let them to win a single point; ever!” He was so infuriated, his eyes started to radiate a light red. Zircon looked at him suspiciously.
“Guys,” she said to her team. “I’ve noticed something weird about the team captain. I think we should keep an eye on him.” Abercrombie was confused.
“What’s wrong with him?” he asked. “I just viewed his eyes; they were glowing red!” Astro and his friends took a look at the team captain, and noticed his eyes glowing red. “We’ll keep an eye on him,” Astro said. “If anything else happens, we’ll approach with caution.” The others nodded.

Chapter 12: Close Game

It was finally the last quarter of the game, and both teams are tied with 24 points.
“Alright,” Astro said. “We’ve got less than five minutes left on the clock. Hopefully, if we keep this up we’ll have an immense victory.” The others nodded. The team captain’s eyes were glowing so red, he couldn’t control himself. He started sending strange signals to his team players, and soon it started to control them!
“We need to go for all five players all at once!” he says to his teammates. “Tackle them as hard as you can, so that they won’t have enough energy to budge. That way, we’ll score and win the game as soon as time runs out!”
Both teams both got into their positions again, and Abercrombie throws the ball into the air. Roughly, the captain nudged Alejo, the person going for the ball, hard enough to send Alejo flying across the court! Once he slammed against the court fences, he sat there barely conscious. The others on Astro’s team were astonished.
“Something is definitely wrong with him!” Zircon said. “He even hurt Alejo!”
“I’ll tail him,” Astro said. “He’s not going to hurt anyone else.” Astro turned towards Kennedy, Zircon and Abercrombie. “You guys stay out of this quarter, and help Alejo!” he recalled. Zircon stepped in.
“Let me help you,” she said. “But Zircon,” Kennedy said. “Aren’t you afraid they’re going to take you out too?” She nods. “But that’s a chance I’ll have to take. I can’t let him harm anyone else.” Astro couldn’t believe what she said, but he agreed and nodded.
“Alright,” he said. “Let’s show them what we’re made of!” Zircon nodded, and they both sped down the court, to catch up with the captain, who was rapidly charging down the court, trying to get a goal. “The captain has the ball, now,” Astro said to Zircon. “If we both tackle him, he could drop the ball.” Zircon nodded.
Astro and Zircon quickly sped up the captain, just enough to tackle him, in order for him to drop the ball, about two to three inches towards the goal. Astro grabbed it, and started speeding down the other side of the court with less than three minutes remaining on the clock. The captain looked at one of his teammates.
“Do it now!” he yelled. One of his teammates shot a laser beam from his hands at Astro. The shot caused him to slow down his movements dramatically. Zircon suspiciously looked at one of the captain’s teammates. *They’re not humans,* she thought. *They’re just robots made to look like humans!* She then looked at Astro.
“Astro, quick! Throw me the ball!” she bellowed. Astro, still in pain from the laser beam, fought through it and threw the ball at her, so she can catch it the minute the captain’s teammates attempted to grab it. Astro got back in the game a few seconds later, with a little less than a minute on the timer.
Zircon skates closer towards the other team’s goal, and the team captain was tailing behind her.
“You can do it, Zircon!” Alejo yelled out with a hand covering his chest. Zircon was just about to throw the ball into the goal, but just before you know it, the captain slid down, performing an unusual leg move, causing Zircon to trip! Astro’s friends gasped. The team captain then grabbed the ball, and skated off. Astro was shocked, and mumbles, “Nobody does that to her!” Zircon soon got off the ground.
“Astro!” she yelled. “The captain is a robot! Do something to slow him down, or else he’ll win the game!” Astro nodded, and started speeding down the court, trying to catch up with him.
He soon caught up with the captain and tackled him, hard enough so he would drop the ball for the second time. With about half a minute remain, Astro grabbed the ball, and sped down the opposite side of the court. The captain’s eyes glowed to a completely dark red, yelling.
“NO!” he bellowed from across the court. With twenty seconds remaining on the clock, Astro sped down the court as quick as he can.
“STOP HIM, NOW!” he yelled again. Astro dodged their lasers as they try to aim for him. The countdown started on the clock: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5…with just three seconds left, Astro quickly threw the ball towards the goal within a couple yards, and it went in as soon as the clock buzzed.
The final score was 28 to 24. Astro’s team cheered and jumped up and down except for the other team. Zircon got too excited, and ended up hugging Astro again.
“Astro! It was such a close game, but I can’t believe we won!” As usual, Astro blushed again. Zircon soon lets go of him, and they both smiled and laughed, as usual. Astro, Zircon, and his friends walked over to the other team, smiling because of their close, win. The captain was staring at the concrete, back facing them.
“Well, the bet was a done deal,” Astro said. “So, let Zircon keep playing Rocket Ball!” The captain’s eyes suddenly turned back to normal, and he turned towards them smirking.
“I don’t have to,” he said. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Zircon asked. “You and Astro shook on it!” “I know,” he said. “But my fingers were crossed.”

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

“WHAT?” Astro’s team said shocked. “I only did it in case we lost the bet. So, the deal is off.” “You can’t do that!” Alejo yelled. “I can, and I will!” the captain said laughing maniacally. “That’s cheating!” Zircon said. The captain’s eyes glowed red again. “I don’t care!” he said. “It’s my turf, and what I say goes!” He and his teammates started glowing. “Zircon, I just knew you’d be in the way from the beginning! Because of this, I’ll prove to you that our might is better than yours!” *Might…What does he mean?* Zircon thought. They then started transforming into a huge army of robots! Astro’s team gasped!

Good so far. :D

tonigirl1000
Banned

Love how Astroboy is kinda shy in winning- blushing-
Please is that part of the story- "transforming into a huge army of robots! ASTRO'S TEAM GASPED! " thanks
PRAY everyone the best and want to be a true friend- hugs and thanks- your friend toni

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Love how Astroboy is kinda shy in winning- blushing-
Please is that part of the story- "transforming into a huge army of robots! ASTRO'S TEAM GASPED! " thanks

Yes, indeed. ^^ Gotta have action. :D
Here's the next two; I'm catching up now:
Chapter 13: Tenma’s Entrance

“I never wanted it to turn out like this…” Zircon said. “It wasn’t your fault,” Astro said. “I just know there’s a reason behind this. Right now, we need to get Alejo, Kennedy, and Abercrombie out from this area!” Zircon nodded. As soon as Astro and Zircon got the three off the court, the captain and his teammates had a lock on Zircon, and started firing laser cannons at her! Zircon luckily noticed their laser cannons quick enough to get out of the way, however one of the laser cannons completely shattered her skates. Astro noticed Zircon dodging the laser cannons.
“This is crazy!” he said. “What’s controlling them?” Zircon flew up into the air, glanced at the captain’s eyes and scanned his internal design. “The captain’s the source of the other’s control,” she said. “It looks like their programmed to be locked on me, though I don’t know who’s controlling them.” “We have no choice,” Astro said. “If they attack you, they could destroy you. They have to be stopped now!” Astro fired his laser beam at the robots to distract them, while in the air, but Zircon stopped him.
“No, Astro, you can’t!” she said. “If you do, they could destroy you, too!”
“There’s no other choice I have, Zircon,” Astro said, putting his hands on her shoulders. “If I don’t do something, it’ll be the end of you!” Zircon was surprised that she never heard Astro say something like that to her. “But, Astro…” she started. “Don’t worry about me; I just want to make sure you’re safe.” He took his hands off of her shoulders, and started firing his laser beam at the robots. Zircon sighed, and about seconds later she appeared shocked. Everything in reality started fading away and the world appeared darker around her; she felt as if she entered a room where there was nothing but emptiness.
*What’s going on?* she thought. *Where am I?* She soon heard somebody laughing maniacally standing on top of a building. Zircon looked around and noticed the person who revived her a couple days ago! *Dr. Tenma!* Zircon yelled in her thoughts.
*So, you found out who I am,* Tenma said. *It’s been awhile since I awakened you. Don’t you miss me yet?*
*What are you talking about?* Zircon asked. *You can’t be my creator; at least I don’t think you are…* Tenma paused.
*You just had to ruin the moment, didn’t you?* he asked, grinning. *Oh well, that’s not a problem. However, I have special plans in store for you, especially for that jewel of yours.* Zircon gasped. *What do you want it for?* she asked, surprised. *When I awakened you, your energy levels were a lot higher than any other robot I’ve awakened,* Tenma spoke. *That jewel is the source of your power, and what keeps you alive. With it in my grasp, I could send this entire city into oblivion! In return, I’ll replace this A.I.-hating city into an ultimate city; a city where all robots can live threatening the lives of humans!* Zircon gasped.
*Humans don’t like robots to think for themselves?* she asked. *Of course not! All I wanted was to create a robot that would take the place of my beloved son, Tobio…If it wasn’t for the ministry this would’ve never happened!*
*What happened to him?* she asked. Tenma paused.
*Why do you care? He was my son! You don’t need to know about him!*
*I know what you’re feeling upon this! You don’t need to hide it!*
*This is not something you need to know about!*
*Just listen! I know you’re upset but you can’t just run away from you’re nightmares! You have to tell someone! I can help!*
Tenma took a long pause, but he managed to speak.
*My son…* he began. *…passed from a car accident.* Zircon was shocked. *I should’ve listened to him…* Tears swelled up in his eyes. *None of this would’ve ever happened if I had only found the time to spend with him…* Zircon understood him; she knew that something was bothering him from the start of the conversation!
*I understand,* she said. *You’ve been living with the pain ever since then…* Tenma stared at her after his tears faded.
*Why does it even matter to you?* he asked. *You weren’t there when it happened, so what makes you think you have the right to know this?*
*You had to tell someone,* Zircon said. *You can’t keep it bottled up inside you forever - * A few seconds later he straightened up and tightened his fist.
*That’s enough!* He countered. *I should’ve realized...You’re just like Tobio; he always thinks everything can be solved through mediation. After from what he said, that he’ll never take forth in any of my plans, has changed me from the inside. You can’t rehabilitate me anymore; I’ve made this decision, and it is final! Once I possess the jewel, you’ll be six feet under!* Zircon appeared shocked as Tenma laughed maniacally once more. She then noticed him holding a small remote control. Tenma then had a change of voice.
*Speaking of power, why not join me?* he asked. *It’s easier to not go through all of this. Just imagine; you and I could rule as one! I could care less about Tobio…after all I did for him.” She looks down mumbling.
*It’s only a trick to get what you want,* she says, and then looks up. *How dare you treat Astro that way! Even I tried my best to help you! I know you’re going to regret this!* Tenma just stood there and grinned.
*I don’t care if mediate me for all of eternity,* he said. *But since you’re backing out on such a fine opportunity, I don’t need to force you.*
He pressed a button on the control to make the captain robot fire powerful laser cannons at her. Since she was mentally trapped in this ‘dark room’ temporarily, in reality, she managed to sense the laser’s direction and dodged them.
*You can’t keep doing this!* she called. *Forget it,* Tenma said. *I’ve gotten this far, and I’m not going back now. And I thought you could join me without going through all the fuss…Oh well; you’ve been warned.* Tenma did a few minor adjustments to the robots using the remote, and then threw a magnesium smoke bomb in front of him, exploding with a flash of light and smoke.
*This is only your first test, just a test of ability. I’d like to see how well you can stand up to these robots I’ve built.* *I don’t understand,* Zircon said confused. *Standing up to them will make you evolve, increase your strength, and enable the possibility to withstand anything in your way! The idea would also fulfill my goal as well…* His voice started to fade, and Zircon tried to respond. *Wait! What do you mean?* she cried, but he vanished without a trace…

The next one's kind of long, so I'll make the separate post.
Last edited by tic_tac_astro on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Next:
Chapter 14: Robot Brawl!?

Zircon’s mind soon cleared up and she then got a clear remembrance on what happened before Tenma appeared. However, she couldn’t figure out what he meant from his last sentence: “This idea would also fulfill my goal as well…”
*What did he mean?* she thought to herself, but then her thoughts changed. *It doesn’t matter now…If he wants me to evolve, I’ll have to take his advice!* She suddenly heard Astro hit the ground from getting blasted by one of the battle robots. His body was completely covered in scratches, and sparks were coming out of him. He tried pushing himself up, but it was useless.
“Puny weakling,” the captain said. “Don’t you get it? You’re no match for us! All of us combined make us five times stronger!”
“You won’t…put a hand on her…” Astro said weakly. “I…have to keep her safe…!” “Don’t make me laugh,” the captain remarks. “Is this a joke? Do you seriously think a puny robot like you has the energy to stand up to all of us? That’s hilarious!” Each robot warmed up their laser cannons and aimed for him. Zircon gasped.
“So you’re the greatest robot in the world, huh? I never thought this would be so easy…Anyway, I just know I’m going to enjoy this! See you in the next millennia!” Just after the robots fired their cannons at him, Zircon quickly flew down to block the hit using an orange, transparent force field. The area went up in dust clouds when they collided.
“What?” the captain was surprised once he saw what happened. “What is the meaning of this? Your mind’s paralysis shouldn’t have worn off yet!” “You paralyzed me for time?” She asked in surprise. “Sorry if that had worn off a little too soon!” The captain grumbled. “I can’t allow this! Take her out now!” All of their lasers fired for the second time, but Zircon used her force field as a barrier to sent them right back, knocking them down from the sky! Astro was stunned.
“…Zircon,” he said regaining his strength. Zircon cut off her force field and turned to him. “Astro, I’ve just realized something,” she started. “Dr. Tenma is the one controlling these robots. They were designed to never lose. Since they lost against us, they were programmed to transform into what they are now, and then try to destroy the winners.” Astro pushed himself up. “What? That’s crazy!” He said surprised. Zircon stared at the ground. “Though, he said some awful things…” There was a short pause, and then she looked at him.
“Astro, Dr. Tenma is not the same; he’s completely changed since he met me; He couldn’t care for you anymore…I’m starting to think he’ll never change his mind…” Astro slowly got up, but he remained knelt on one of his knees while he took in her words. *He’s not…the same?* He repeats. The captain stood up looking stunned.
“That’s impossible!” he yells. “No puny robot like yourself should be able to take us down! Our powers should be no match for you!” She faced them revealing a small grin. “Looks can be deceiving,” she says. Her grin then vanished. “You’ve hurt my friends: Alejo…Astro…You’ll have to perish!” She lifted an arm into the air. Soon particles of energy formed slightly above it. When it finished, she aimed it at the team and fired; however the blast seemed similar to Astro’s arm cannon.
“NO!” The captain bellowed. “This can’t happen!” He turned to his team. “Fuse our cannons! She’ll be outmatched!” The five fired their cannons at Zircon’s cannon. Her attack was starting to recede because of their combined power. Her friends stared at the quarrel in surprise. “Give it up!” The captain recalled. “Your power is no match for us!” “I wouldn’t…start celebrating yet…” she slowly replied. “Trust me; this match has already ended…!” Not giving up, she increased her power by two levels, which was enough to back up their cannons. The captain and his players appeared stunned. “NO!” He cried. Zircon’s laser cannon blasted the team high in the air! While appearing useless and corrupted with sparks flying about him, the captain looked at her grinning.
“So, you’ve passed the test…” he said. “Don’t think you could get away with this so easily; there’s more to come…You’ll remember this…” With that said, he and his team collapsed, ending a massive explosion!
Zircon sighed; however sparks were coming out of her. Astro’s friends cheered, while Astro stood up feeling a little worried. He ran over to congratulate her.
“Zircon!” he said. “I’ve never seen such power come from you! Are you alright?” “Yeah…” She says feeling weak. “I’ve never used that much power all at one time…I don’t think I can stay up…much longer…” Her body attempted to fall forward toward the ground, but luckily Astro caught her in his arms. Astro’s friends gasped, and ran over to them.
“Wow,” Abercrombie said. “I never thought she would faint after a battle like that.” “I’m sure it was expected for her,” Alejo said. “I mean, she did battle the team alone.” “I’d have to agree with you, Alejo,” Astro said. “Doctor and I don’t really know how long ago Zircon was dormant for; she’s probably having a relapse.” “Will she be alright?” Kennedy asked. “I’m sure she’ll be fine. There’s no need to worry.” “Okay,” Alejo said. “We’ll see you tomorrow.” Astro’s friends walked out of the practice court and went home.
Astro flew home carrying Zircon in his arms.
*I don’t understand,* he thought. *I thought I would protect Zircon from those robots; how did it turn around?* When he got home, he entered the house appearing more worried than before.
“Zoran? Are you here?” he said. Zoran perked up from her coloring book in the kitchen.
“Hey!” she starts. “Did you guys win? I want to know everything!” she then pauses to gasp. She stared at Zircon, who lies stagnant in his arms, covered in scratches. She ran up to them looking terrified. “Zircon…What happened?” she asked worriedly. “If you want to know everything,” Astro starts. “That’s part of the story…” “Then sum it up for me! I want to know the ending!” Astro looked down at the floor.
“Well,” he began. “After we won, the team we were going against wasn’t really a team…They were advanced robots programmed to act like humans. I don’t want to go into detail, but Zircon stepped in to stop them. “I tried to handle them beforehand, but they’ve had me…”
“I don’t understand…Why did she do this?”
“She did it to protect me from anymore damages…I didn’t expect this to happen; I promised to protect her, not me…”
“She can’t do this!” Zoran yelled. “Zircon was the only robot I know who was very special to me! She can’t be lost now!” “Zoran…” Astro said feeling sympathy. Tears ran down Zoran’s face. “I was just getting to know her…You should’ve protected her!” Astro closed his eyes and tilted his head down. Zoran ran upstairs releasing short sobs. Astro opened his eyes to look at Zircon.
*I know I should’ve protected her,* he thought. *Though, she did this just for my sake…If I took her place, she wouldn’t have suffered as much as I did…* He paused. *I should get her to Dr. O’shay,* While still holding Zircon in his arms, he ran out of the house and made his way towards the Ministry of Science.

Enjoy everyone. ^^

tonigirl1000
Banned

Love how ZIRCON cares about ASTROBOY- but please does this mean Dr Tenma is completely ruthless? i hope not- thanks

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”