Do any songs remind/make you think of Astro?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

Since this topic is about music, has anyone noticed yet that the singer of the reggae band UB40 calls himself 'Astro'? It appears to be only his nickname though.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote:I even remember spotting a song called Astroboy a few years ago. I'm not sure anymore, but I think the band that composed it called themselves 'Beangrowers'.

I just asked Google about Beangrowers and Astroboy, and found that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qSihjOMKE
Incidently, I also found a topic on that here: http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4199
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 15 years ago

love the idea of ASTROBOY able to fly without any problems on earth- thanks

SonicRainboomsXD
Kokoro Robot

Postby SonicRainboomsXD » 9 years ago

Man, there are tons! Let's see... Here are a few...

Mr Blue Sky - ELO
Kamikaze - Owl City
Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
Losing Grip - Avril Lavigne (mainly because of Astro and Tenma's relationship, from Astro's perspective)
Mr Roboto - Styx
Robot - Miley Cyrus
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
I Am - Hilary Duff (which I made an image of here: http://instagram.com/p/sxgiU6Khjt/?modal=true)
HIM - Lily Allen

And many more :)
:hyo: "When are we ever going to stop fighting each other?!" :astro:

:heart: ~~~~~ :heart:
My Deviantart ~ My YouTube ~ My FanFiction ~

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

I find that Len Kagamine's song, "Sentimental Android" reminds me a lot Astro! :)
And plenty others of his songs XD

Edit: Another song by Rin Kagamine (and there's also a cover by Len) is the song "Kokoro"~

toddular
Kokoro Robot

Postby toddular » 9 years ago

Here are a few:

"Touch" by Daft Punk (2013)

Spectacular multi-genre space opera with a wonderful closing. Something about the lyrics brings to mind the story of a robot yearning to understand the human condition. He knows he isn't human but struggles to remember this everyday. I find that a lot of Daft Punk's work explores themes like this.

"Baby Portable Rock" by Pizzicato Five (1996)

Probably my first exposure to Japanese music, at least that I can remember. "Baby Portable Rock" was a smash hit on an international pop music channel that aired in Brazil in the late 90s, right around the time when Pizzicato Five became huge in the West. Between commercials on Cartoon Network, 6-year-old me once flipped through channels and landed on this thing. The weirdness of the music video was what grabbed my attention, but I've been a fan of Shibuya-kei ever since. It's Japanese, it's cute, it's retro, it's slightly kitsch, and I can't get it out of my head. Reminds me of a certain someone... :astro:

"In Our Small Way" by Michael Jackson (1972)

"We may not change the world in one day - but we still can change some things... today." Naive but kind-hearted, very in-character with Astro's personality, as if he himself were the one singing the verses. Sparkling vocal performance by 13-year-old Michael.

"Don't Let It Show" and "Day After Day (The Show Must Go On)" by The Alan Parsons Project (1977)

Last but not least, two of my favorite tracks from APP's masterpiece album "I Robot" - conceptually based on Isaac Asimov's sci-fi "Robot" trilogy, which also touches on philosophies regarding artificial intelligence. While "Don't Let It Show" makes me think of Astro, the lyrics of "Day After Day" remind me of Dr. Tenma, coping with the grief of an innocent life cut short. Hoping his robotic creation could fill the void in his heart, but living only on memories of Tobio. The message connecting these two songs is about enduring the most depressing hardships of life, and moving on with dignity. :astro: :tenma:

That's it for now, please forgive the great wall of text. I tend to babble about the things I love, so music + Astro Boy ticks all the boxes!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 9 years ago

HI- HUGS : "THE FINAL COUNTDOWN"

ASTROBOY risking his/her robot life as a boy/girl in my story to save her home world!
love her as a sweet robotic sister!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”