FTP back up

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

"LLJade" wrote:Do you happen to know where I can see those episodes? I'd like to see them uncut for a change. It'll definatly help with the fan fics I've been working on, want to try and be somewhat accurate.

As Dragonrider1227 mentioned, there are a few around on Youtube (I uploaded the ep.#20 'Eternal Boy' a few months ago, it's still there) and on veoh.com. For more episodes, I'm afraid you'll have to buy the official japanese release. :(

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLJade » 15 years ago

"fafner" wrote:I have some uncut Japanese episodes. Unfortunately most of them aren't subtitled. You can find everything I have here. If you are interested in some of them, just ask and I can make them available to you.
"jp" means available in Japanese without subtitles.
"jp_sten" means available in Japanese with English subtitles.
The '*' means that it is corrupted in some ways (from a few missing frames to almost unviewable). If I remember correctly only the episode 20 (Eternal Boy) is problematic.

Okay. Do you or anyone else out there know where I can see the original uncut episodes with english subs?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 15 years ago

For the 2003 series, the Korean DVD release has half the series uncut with English subs. The rest of the series can only be found subtitled (poorly) on bootlegs.

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

And sorry for posting again, but I think I may have confused everyone. I wanted the 2003 version of the Astro Boy episodes uncut in english subtitles. The suggestions I've been getting have been on the 80's version, which is different from the 2003 version. Anyway, if anyone has info on how I can get the 2003 Astro Boy series uncut and in subs, please let me know.

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

"DrFrag" wrote:For the 2003 series, the Korean DVD release has half the series uncut with English subs. The rest of the series can only be found subtitled (poorly) on bootlegs.

lol. I think I posted the same time that DrFrag did. Anyway, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I tried hulu and the youtube, but like you said, crappy bootlegs and most of the episodes are hard to find uncut.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

no kidding ;_; I'd settle for crappy bootlegs. As long as I got to see it uncut without "Let's Rocket!"
Although you can't say you've watched bad bootlegs until you've had to watch Sailor Moon so poorly subtitled that not only could you barely read it, but certain segments of episodes didn't even have subtitles XD But it was the mid, late 90s so it was all we could get and we were happy to have it! XD
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”