I've always wondered

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

I painstakingly converted most of my bitmaps to jpegs, but currently I have a ton of captured frames, although the space on the HDD is quite small. I also have more than a few files I have written on the subject. :lol:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote:I have about 3.75 Gigs of Astro stuff on my HD. Most of them being screenshots from the 2003 series (in bmp-format), and some videoclips.
I don't store any episodes on my HD anymore, mainly due to limited space, and also because I rather like to watch them via TV screen. :)

Ditto. That's why I had my fansubs converted for my X-Box :D

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 15 years ago

About 30GB of mine is copies of web pages, fan art, screenshots, trailers, flash, MP3s, etc. The rest is mostly high quality DVD rips so I can get screenshots or bits of animation.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 15 years ago

My HDD is 327BG. But about 270BG of that is High quality DVD rips of Anime. The rest is for the music I’ve made on Reason, my animations, pictures, PC Games, Movies. It goes on and on.

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 15 years ago

Lol the guys at tezukainenglish would hang you for even suggesting that. How do you figure [more files] = [bigger fan]? :hyo:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

*reads through thread*

I'm gonna have to side with Anapan...are you intending that the more pictures we have, the bigger a fan we are?

Aside, I have about 50 MB of Astro/Tezuka files, 10 of those being eBay pictures. (Wait, if we're deleting Astro pictures, does that mean we're becoming less of a fan?)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

Let me have a small pedantic talk about mathematics behind fanboyism (and fangirlism).
Studies have heavily proven that fanboyism/fangirlism is directly linked to the amount of data on the person's computer. As Fauna has noted, of course when you delete files you lose fanboyism/fangirlism, until the extrem where you delete the last data you aren't considered as such anymore and lose total memory about the subject.
Know let's mix with mathematics. There is obviously a minor flaw to address: when you duplicate a file, do you earn fanboyism/fangirlism ? Of course not. When you compress a file but keep the original, do you increase it? Again not, so the mere counting of unique data isn't enough. So let's speak about entropy, that measures the unpredictability of data. The entropy between 2 identical files is low, while it goes through the roof for 2 different files. Comparing 2 identical files coded differently amount to low entropy. So the only way to measure fanboyism/fangirlism is to measure entropy. Knowing that entropy is the opposite of order, that means that the less ordered are your files measures you true loyalty, so now you know what you have to do.

Note: Don't take the above text too much seriously, I wouldn't like you to put your computers upside-down because of it ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 15 years ago

:lol: Best response ever!

Dr_elephants_nose
Metro City Citizen

Postby Dr_elephants_nose » 15 years ago

i download lots of online games it aadd up i hav all them it terrabyte i had 2 get 2 of them cause it too mcuh but i have a good computer i love atom!! wait is this on atom only or the anime cas i hav lot of othe char games i download and rip gam and then i bougt pc games to ad i hav so many pictures ware i go on lot s f sites i hope to add to my collection bu it dificlt becuse i alredy have so mny

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”