ASTRO BOY LYRICS

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

ASTRO BOY LYRICS

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 15 years ago

I just went to the section of this website titled "Theme Lyrics" and what do I see, but the wrong lyrics for the original series from 1963! First of all Astro Boy never "fights" his friends, he "will... "find friend or foe"! After all he is not a Marvel Comics character, and he only fights in defense! Here are the correct lyrics as I discovered them in an Astro Boy coloring book copyright NBC Enterprises from the sixties that I won on e-bay! ["There you go, Astro Boy, on your flight into space/ Rocket hi--gh, through the sk--y /For adventures soon you will face! /Astro Boy bombs away, /On your mission today,/ Here's the countdown, / And the blastoff,/ Everything is go Astro Boy! /Astro Boy, as you fly,/ Strange new worlds you will spy, /Atom celled, jet propelled, /Fighting monsters high in the sky!/ Astro Boy, there you go, will you find friend or foe? /Cosmic Ranger, laugh at danger, /Everything is go Astro Boy! /Crowds will cheer you, you're a hero, /As you go,go,go Astro Boy! "] I hope whoever is responsible for that page will correct the site and put up the correct lyrics as I have placed them! Thank you!
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

ASTRO BOY LYRICS

Now re: the lyrics listed for the 1980s Astroboy--The DVD box set has a booklet that lists the opening and closing theme lyrics, so shouldn't this page be cleaned up and the correct lyrics be listed there?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 15 years ago

Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while. Mark is the person to talk to about it.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Thank you, Dr. Frag! Now Mark, if you're out there, please update the lyric page with the correct lyrics or at least, as these are "the official lyrics"! That way this website will be one of the few websites that have the correct lyrics! (Even F. Schodt in his marvelous book, "Astro Boy Essays" does not have the correct lyrics!) Thank you! Your work is most appreciated!

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 15 years ago

I don't even remember where I got the original lyrics from.

In any case, I've updated them. Cheers ASTROBUDDY :)

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Thank you, Mark! Now, I don't know if this matters much but the lyrics you list for the 1980s show are slightly different than the lyrics listed in the booklet that comes with the DVD boxset for the 1980s series! If you do not have this booklet I will gladly furnish you with a copy of the lyrics in the booklet! Thank you again!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

The lyrics in the booklet are wrong in several places.

Crazyd2000 posted a photocopy of the original lyrics, as his dad worked in the studio on the audio. It includes the unused 2nd verse:

I'll have to dig around for the lyrics to the closing credits. I think the booklet is wrong in eight of the lines.
Last edited by DrFrag on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Thank you, Dr. Frag! I thought the lyrics might not be correct! Hey Mark, seems like you've got your work cut out for you! But I wouldn't worry about that unused verse! After all you can see it's obviously unused for a reason!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I can't find a correct copy of the end lyrics. How about we try to figure it out?

The booklet is as good a place as any to start.

Come and join us in our melody
A song of happiness for you and me
Dream of joys, sing about a boy
Name of hero Astro Boy.
Come and join us in our fantasy
We can all be heroes you and me
Dream of joys, sing about a boy
Name of hero Astro Boy.
Trying not to wait so long
So tune in for a fight for life
Strong as steel and with a heart of gold
Dream of love and all your heartfelt voices will be heard
Sharing dreams and bringing joy for all.

Come and join us in our melody - sounds right
A song of happiness for you and me - sounds right
Dream of joys, sing about a boy - should be Sing of joy, sing about a boy
Name of hero Astro Boy - I think should be Little hero Astro boy
Come and join us in our fantasy - sounds right
We can all be heroes you and me - sounds right
Dream of joys, sing about a boy - should be Sing of joy, sing about a boy
Name of hero Astro Boy - I think should be Little hero Astro boy
Trying not to wait so long - perhaps Lighting up a way for us or Lighting up a way for life
So tune in for a fight for life - perhaps He'll soon be in the fight for life
Strong as steel and with a heart of gold - sounds right
Dream of love and all your heartfelt voices will be heard - I'm pretty sure it's Sing of love with all your heart, your voices will be heard
Sharing dreams and bringing joy for all - sounds like And it's bringing up with joy for all which doesn't make sense so I don't know what that one is.

What do you think?
Perhaps listen to it without reading my interpretation so you don't get a mondegreen.

Maybe if Jay Rath is still around he can help us out. He co-wrote the lyrics and probably has a copy somewhere in his memorabilia.

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 15 years ago

I had a listen and I I agree that a lot of it sounds wrong
This is what I think, although I did read what you think, and mine is mostly based on that... I guess most of my ideas come from Dr Frag's post... but only because I think it sounds right.

Come and join us in our melody.
A song of happiness for you and me.
Sing of joy, sing about a boy.
Instead of "Dream of joys, sing about a boy"
Little hero Astro Boy. Instead of "Name of hero Astro Boy."
Come and join us in our fantasy.
We can all be heroes you and me.

Sing of joy, sing about a boy. Instead of "Dream of joys, sing about a boy"
Little hero Astro Boy. Instead of "Name of hero Astro Boy."
Lighting up the way for life Instead of "Trying not to wait so long"
He'll soon be in the fight for life. Instead of "So tune in for a fight for life"
Strong as steel and with a heart of gold
Sing of love and all your heartfelt voices will be heard Or Sing of love with all your heartfelt voices will be heard although that doesn't make sense... Instead of "Dream of love and all your heartfelt voices will be heard"
Sharing dreams and bringing joy for all. No idea, a terrible line to get the lyrics for......
Last edited by TasZero on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”