Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

yeah!^^ i think it will be a good game!^^

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

"Sailor Kitty" wrote:...Frankly, it kinda looks like those Sega Saturn games with half-realistic graphics, only with Astro Boy.

Then again, I'm really not expecting much from a movie-game.

Well, the Wii isn't exactly famous for it's graphics. I think this looks like fun.

Wolf
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Wolf » 15 years ago

Sure, the graphics isn't spectacular or groundbreaking to say the least but it looks pretty decent for a DS or PSP. I would have expected something more elaborate for higher-end console but its a movie based game so its not surprising. I think the developers intention was to design a quick-fix game for easy to pick-up-and-play. I'm willing to look past the ok graphics if the gameplay makes up for it.

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 15 years ago

I hate to say it but the trailer looks pretty similar to Astro Boy: Omega Factor, in 3D. The attacks are virtually the same, though made playable for the Wii...Surely the game was made for it just for virtual movement and so forth.
Question is, is the storyline the same in either Astro Boy for the PS2 or Omega Factor, combined or something completely different?
I would prefer they did something like an RPG...or a storyline that doesn't have to keep relating back to Astro's story. :d oh:
I'm not saying his story is boring to hear, but can't they move on? I mean who wants to mention his story in a newly digital-graphic movie again and in a game. :confused: Who knows what the ratings will be for either...
This is just my opinion, so please pardon me if I'm wrong.

Thank you, you're too kind.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

"tic_tac_astro" wrote:I hate to say it but the trailer looks pretty similar to Astro Boy: Omega Factor, in 3D. The attacks are virtually the same, though made playable for the Wii...Surely the game was made for it just for virtual movement and so forth.
Question is, is the storyline the same in either Astro Boy for the PS2 or Omega Factor, combined or something completely different?
I would prefer they did something like an RPG...or a storyline that doesn't have to keep relating back to Astro's story. :d oh:
I'm not saying his story is boring to hear, but can't they move on? I mean who wants to mention his story in a newly digital-graphic movie again and in a game. :confused: Who knows what the ratings will be for either...

I agree with you. :) Does anyone remember the Incredibles game? It was an entirely new adventure, based on the end of the movie, when that evil mole guy showed up and threatened the city. What I think would be the best thing for our game would to have it be a new story, set not too long after the end of the movie.

I was in the Wal-Mart this morning, and I was thinking...maybe the co-op mode lets your partner play as...Uran? Maybe they'd give her strength and jets, and something else!

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=tic_tac_astro;89810]I hate to say it but the trailer looks pretty similar to Astro Boy: Omega Factor, in 3D. The attacks are virtually the same, though made playable for the Wii...Surely the game was made for it just for virtual movement and so forth.

I agree with you. :) Does anyone remember the Incredibles game? It was an entirely new adventure, based on the end of the movie, when that evil mole guy showed up and threatened the city. What I think would be the best thing for our game would to have it be a new story, set not too long after the end of the movie.

I was in the Wal-Mart this morning, and I was thinking...maybe the co-op mode lets your partner play as...Uran? Maybe they'd give her strength and jets, and something else![/QUOTE]

Yeah that would be cool for once..."Let's make Uran the main protagonist for once.." :D
Though an RPG would be nice: create your own character and work with Astro and friends to defeat the overlord (Tenma). :)

Thank you, you're too kind.

Wolf
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Wolf » 15 years ago

Here is a partial article on the Astro Boy game from the July Issue of Nintendo Power.

I have taken the liberty of cropping out the two pictures for the movie.

Astro Boy at the Circus with Ham Egg, Cora, Robot dog and three other kids (Widget/Grace?, Sludge?, Sam?)

Two undentiflable minor robot characters.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

I think the one of the robots was to be played by Matt Lucas. Also, Movie Hamegg looks a lot like Senbei Norimaki. I see a bit of Mindy/Midori in Grace. Plus, the kid with the afro looks like a caucasian version of Takashi from Black Jack.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”