Cost of upkeep, how's your allowance Astro?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
dannavy85
Banned

Cost of upkeep, how's your allowance Astro?

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Can you imagine the budget the Ministry of Science has to have to maintain Astro? Take into consideration that his engines need servicing every so many flights. There's computer updates, changes, system modifications and repairs after he's been out beating up bad guys or getting trashed from being tossed around.

How's your allowance kid?

dannavy85
Banned

Engines: 1 million dollars each

Laser cannon: 2.3 milliong dollars

1 megaton horsepower strength: 5,000 a month

Keeping the world safe for puppies: priceless

For everything else there's Master Card.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

LOL Funny! Yeah, I can imagine Astro has a high price tag XD

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Meeshell » 14 years ago

and then all the destruction caused by badies and sometimes by him...cos he's fighting the badies

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 14 years ago

Hmm, I don't think Gundam's horsepower was ever rated but I suspect it would be far lower than Astro's Million Horsepower. The Japan Science and Technology Agency figured out the cost to build Gundam just so it could walk around...
http://www.pinktentacle.com/2008/01/725000000-gundam/
Considering that, the actual technology involved with astro's chest reactor must be astronomical. A burnout like this cant be cheap;
It appears that Astro takes a lot of impact before his armor is even damaged. Even then it doesn't seem to damage his internals much.
I only remember seeing him remove any of it once before - It was an episode of the 80's series where he actually removed his cranial armor after getting it bashed in. I had a picture but can't find it now. I think he had a lay of Hawaiian flowers and was blushing earlier in the episode... He does seem to have a stock of spare parts laying around. Uran found one so she could impersonate him.
Uh, I was going somewhere with this thread but looking for that picture of Astro's damaged head armor sidetracked me. Can anyone provide a screenshot of that?

dannavy85
Banned

I bet the armor itself isn't cheep, especially when it has to be light, flexable yet tough enough to take secondary velocity impacts from things like missile fragments, bullets and explosive blasts.

Reno: Hey buddy you alright?

Astro: Oh yeah....saved Livian, got my sorry butt kicked but I'm ready for ice cream.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 14 years ago

its has to be a pretty penny!XD

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 14 years ago

Let's hope he doesn't use a Windows based operating system. He would lock up at the worst times. lol. Then all the bad guys would have to do was to attack Astro was to hack into all the loop holes and back doors in Windows. lol.

Reno
Metro City Citizen

Postby Reno » 14 years ago

I never really thought about it before xD.

Money is a burden for SCIENCE!

munquibyte
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby munquibyte » 14 years ago

Yeah, will sentient robots who live independently have to buy 'health' insurance? (Astro and Zoron are wards of the State in 2003) And if so, will their regular maintenance be out of pocket, just like cars?

I have some 'mary jane' fiction about an android fellow who has that issue.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”