Epsilon an Aussie Robot?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Epsilon an Aussie Robot?

Postby Meeshell » 14 years ago

i think she is, i havent watched some ep's from the 2003 series in a while now, but is she really an Australian robot?

cos thats soooo cool!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

In the 1980 series, in "The Greatest Robot in the World", one of the robot, Photar, is from the "southern continent". I believe Epsilon is another version of Photar? Was Epsilon his/her name in the manga? I don't remember if something was said about her origin in the 2003 series, but it would make sense. I'm sure somebody else will have a better answer. :)

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

I din t think of that :o hmy:.but there is a difference Photar Uses the sun for more energy while epsilon is water...

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

In the Pluto episode, Epsilon seems to be the one replacing Photar. While it is said that Photar comes from the "southern continent", nothing is said about Epsilon. So I suppose it is open to speculations :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Meeshell » 14 years ago

i remember seeing a robot kangeroo with a film crew recording Epsilon, in the ep where astro and epsilon are nominated for robot of the year or sumtin

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 14 years ago

"Meeshell" wrote:i remember seeing a robot kangeroo with a film crew recording Epsilon, in the ep where astro and epsilon are nominated for robot of the year or sumtin

Wow, you're very attentive! :) Let's confirm your assertions:

Oh, and let's not forget about Mont-Blanc, the Swiss robot! :D
Although I don't know why he's being called him like that, as the mountain of the same name in fact has its location between France and Italy. They should've called him 'Matterhorn' instead! :p

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote:Oh, and let's not forget about Mont-Blanc, the Swiss robot! :D
Although I don't know why he's being called him like that, as the mountain of the same name in fact has its location between France and Italy. They should've called him 'Matterhorn' instead! :p

They didn't miss it by that far. Ater all, some international channel had placed Austria at the actual location of Switzerland ;)

To get it right, I would suggest to try this game :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 14 years ago

Not a chance. I've played this game before and I'm not even bothering to try again. I'm just lousy in geography and I probably ever will be.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Playing is the best way to learn IMO. A year or two ago I could place basically all countries on maps, including those in Africa and eastern Europe that I've always had trouble with. Unfortunately, I've already forgotten so much. :( At least I'm not as clueless as I used to be - I'm sure I was not alone to miss some countries by a lot! :lol:

I scored a 6 in the above game. I'm on the right country as long as I correctly remember the German name of the country! :p

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

Unless the one name was changed, 'Photar' is merely the 1980s' English name; & 'Epsilon' is the Japanese name in all versions.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”