I saw the new astroboy movie!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

The film was nigh perfect. A lot deeper than I was led to believe. I was very impressed. The sound at the theater I sawI can get the blu ray the filmin was not as it should have been. No rumblerama subwoofers. But that's ok! I'll wait til I can get the blu-ray. and then I can crank it the way I like. Metropolis anyone? :lol:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Ninjatron » 14 years ago

I guess it's a little late now. I should have posted this here before I saw the movie, but the day's not over yet so...

http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-go-time.html

My thoughts about what this movie means. Please give it a read. I hope you will see it as inspiring.
I will post a review later, as well as a place where you can post your own reviews. So hold tight.

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 14 years ago

I saw the new movie this afternoon. I thought it really had the feelings of Astroboy in it. Part of the plot and Nicholas Cage kind of annoyed me. Overall I thought it has pieces of Tezukas message in it and thats good enough for me.
I really liked the last few moments, when the credits rolled I didn't want it to end.
Time to watch the 60s and 80s series. (I still haven't bought the 03 set.)

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Ninjatron" wrote:I guess it's a little late now. I should have posted this here before I saw the movie, but the day's not over yet so...

http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-go-time.html

My thoughts about what this movie means. Please give it a read. I hope you will see it as inspiring.
I will post a review later, as well as a place where you can post your own reviews. So hold tight.

Sayonara.

thanx.
Boy did I mess up that last post! Alienware keyboard I'm not used to.
I can't begin to say what I saw and felt. It's a full restoration. The film should have been shown on a much larger screen, and the sound was almost mono. Even that could not spoil it! One word....
Brillant! Another word,Intelligent! I will see it again. The rain was falling hard and I still saw Mom's bringing their kids out in the rain to see the movie! I was shocked that so many came out in the rain to see the first show at 12:25...
:lol: :w00t: :ninja:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

I saw the movie tonight. I LOVED IT!!!

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 14 years ago

"cybotron" wrote:thanx.
I can't begin to say what I saw and felt. It's a full restoration. The film should have been shown on a much larger screen, and the sound was almost mono. Even that could not spoil it! One word....
Brillant! Another word,Intelligent! I will see it again. The rain was falling hard and I still saw Mom's bringing their kids out in the rain to see the movie! I was shocked that so many came out in the rain to see the first show at 12:25...

It was raining when I went at 3.30pm and it was also the first showing. It was only me and a son and father in the theatre. Im going to see it tomorrow night and hopefully there will be some more people. :)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

And I gotta ask...
Does anyone else want a Ministry of Science hat? :lol:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

I saw it! Two and a half years of following every single detail of the movie, anticipating every single render that reached the internet, adjusting myself to the character designs...now it came down to this. What do I think of it?

I enjoyed it greatly, and so did my brother. In short, here's a macro describing how I feel:

Also, we tried staying after the credits, because we heard something important was after them. All that's there is a picture of Astro and a crowd in a tour cart, with the caption "When in Hong Kong, visit Imagi Studios!" There you go.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

:unsure:
"EvilGenki" wrote:[QUOTE=cybotron;92572]
thanx.

It was raining when I went at 3.30pm and it was also the first showing. It was only me and a son and father in the theatre. Im going to see it tomorrow night and hopefully there will be some more people. :) [/QUOTE]
Well that's rush hour! Even I would not come out at rush hour!
No noon show? :unsure:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

"EvilGenki" wrote:It was raining when I went at 3.30pm and it was also the first showing. It was only me and a son and father in the theatre. Im going to see it tomorrow night and hopefully there will be some more people. :)

I hate crowded theaters. :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”