END OF YEAR (or DECADE) LIST OF FAVORITE ASTRO BOY EPISODES!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

END OF YEAR (or DECADE) LIST OF FAVORITE ASTRO BOY EPISODES!

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 14 years ago

As is the fashion, many critics make up lists of the best movies or TV series of the year (or in this case the decade)! So I thought it would be fun to list my favorite Astro Boy episodes in all the different versions of Astro Boy! So let me start:

From the original 1960s anime my favorite episodes are (in no particular order) 1.) " The Moon Monsters", 2.) "The Strange Voyage",
3.) "Attack from Space", 4.) "The Wonderful Christmas Present, 5.) "The Terrible Spaceman" and 6.) "Double Trouble"!

From the 1980s anime series my favorites are: 1.) The entire origin episodes which consists of the first four episodes (including "Atom vs. Atlas"), 2.) The entire nine episodes which make up the "Atom vs. Atlas" story arc, 3.) "The Time Machine" and 4.) The two episodes which comprise the origin of "Urane" (yes I know it is usually spelt "Uran", but I like the other spelling better because phonetically it is more accurate!)

From the manga series, I really like: 1.) "The Plant People" , 2.) "A Day to Remember", 3.) "Ambassador Atom" and 4.) "Last Day on Earth"!

From the 2004 series: 1.) The two episodes which feature "Wally Kisaragi" and 2.) The first two episodes which feature, "Zoran"!

So there you have it; these are my favorites! Happy New Year! Any one else want to share their list of favorites?
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

mutare
Kokoro Robot

Postby mutare » 14 years ago

Ive only seen the 2003 series, the best episodes are:
The Rise of Pluto
The Fall of Acheron
the one with Denoku.
Escape from Volcano Island
And the last 5 episodes with the robotonia battle

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

1980:
Uran's Twin
The Light Ray Robot
The Time Machine

Into Thin Air
Shape Shifter
Firebird
Astro Reborn
The Final Battle

Also, this isn't really related, but Astro Boy: The Omega Factor was just named the best anime-related video game of all time in an Anime News Network article!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Dragara
Metro City Citizen

Postby Dragara » 14 years ago

Uhh... I haven't seen that much of any of the series. I've seen about the first twenty episodes of the 2003 series, and my three faves are

1. Lost in Outland (something actually happens to Astro! X3)

2. Rocket Ball (I just like this episode :3)

3. Little Sister, Big Trouble (Zoran first comes in (at least when she's supposed to, according to the original Japanese episode order XD))
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Like art? Fantasy art? Wolf art? Astro Boy art? Inuyasha art? Pokemon art? FAN ART? Vist my DA!

http://www.dragara.deviantart.com/
------------------------------------------------

... No, kitty! This is my pot pie!

XD XD XD XD XD

------------------------------------------------

Sir, we're not putting something that dangerous into something... that dangerous! ~Dr. Tenma, Astro Boy (2009 film)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

2003: the last part of the story and especially the very last episode. :cry: Actually probably any scene involving :tenma:

1980: I could say about a third of the series! :lol: I've put my big favorites in bold.

Save the Classmate :cry: :cry: :cry:
Frankenstein: Astro being deactivated... :cry:
Goliath's Head (I like the action)
Save the Carolina 3 (I like the action and Astro and Alvin flying together are so funny)
The Death Balloon :cry: :cry: :cry:
The Greatest Robot in the World :cry:
The Robot Vikings :lol:
Uran's Twin :D
Speeding Through the Storm (don't know why, lol)
The Runaway Subway Train (I like the action)
Atlas Forever :cry: :cry:
Uran's Quest (love the "God" theme)
The Hijacked Airship (too cute to see Astro trying to be a regular boy)

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 14 years ago

I just want to thank those who took the time to list their favorite Astro Boy episodes! There certainly are some episodes that we all seem to agree are entertaining or memorable enough to include on our lists! I wanted to add on my list, my favorite Astro Boy story from the Astro Boy NOW comics series and that is the Astro Boy short story that appears as a back up story in NOW Comics "Speed Racer" Issue# 17. So again I wish every one a happy New Year and let's hope the new year brings us more Astro Boy related good cheer! :astro: :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”