Hooray! I found 1980s Daddy Walrus!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

"Bob Gonzalez" wrote:Fauna,

Thank you SO much for the cartoon you drew of Skunk and Daddy Walrus for Jay and me! That was so sweet and generous of you and the likenesses are fantastic. If you don't mind, I would like to post it as my profile picture on Facebook and tell my friends that you did this for us. Would that be OK?

That would be fine! :lol: Go ahead!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bob Gonzalez » 14 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:That would be fine! :lol: Go ahead!

Thanks, Fauna!

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

"Bob Gonzalez" wrote:It's a pleasure to be on this site. I'm still reeling from finding Jay Rath on Facebook and I'm happy to get to converse with fans of the 1980s series. I used to watch the original black and white series in the 1960s, so when we were approached to do the new color version, I jumped at the chance. On top of the fact that I had never done voice acting before. Has Jay regaled you with stories from the recording sessions we had?

Hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is really cool to have a voice actor on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bob Gonzalez » 14 years ago

"clashing claws" wrote:
Hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is really cool to have a voice actor on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, Clashing Claws! It's very nice to meet you and thanks for your enthusiasm. I'm really happy to be here on this forum, too. Let me know if you have any questions I could answer, or try to answer. Otherwise, I'll be posting some thoughts, comments, memories, etc. I'm just now starting to watch the 1963 black and white series I used to watch as a kid. I see the voice actors in that series had about the same challenges syncing with the mouth animation!

All my best to you and everyone else on this forum!

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

"Bob Gonzalez" wrote:[QUOTE=clashing claws;98324]

Hello, Clashing Claws! It's very nice to meet you and thanks for your enthusiasm. I'm really happy to be here on this forum, too. Let me know if you have any questions I could answer, or try to answer. Otherwise, I'll be posting some thoughts, comments, memories, etc. I'm just now starting to watch the 1963 black and white series I used to watch as a kid. I see the voice actors in that series had about the same challenges syncing with the mouth animation!

All my best to you and everyone else on this forum![/QUOTE]

Your very welcome and I probably will ask u questions in the future because I haven't seen all of the astro boy episodes in 1960, 1980, and 2003.
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 12 years ago

Hey bob and jay how's it going! Bob you actually voiced my two favourite (albeit supernumerary characters) Photar and Brondo. It is so amazing talking to you guys knowing that you have provided the voices to one of the most loved series of all time. It seems though that not enough credit is given (then and Now!). I can't believe your pay was awful! So how did you guys manage to get asked ?
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bigdog » 12 years ago

"Bob Gonzalez" wrote:Thanks for bearing with me as I figure out how to communicate here. I'm computer savvy but have not participated in discussion forums like this. A new experience for me.

I'm curious to hear from the fans:

What are your favorite episodes, characters?

When did you start watching them and where and how often were they shown?

When Jay and I grew up - correct me if I'm wrong, Jay - cartoons only came on Saturday morning and weekday afternoons. I'm just curious where Astro Boy was on the TV schedule.

My favorites are the first three episodes (Four in the Japanese version) , the only ones I've seen in full. Favorite characters include Daddy Walrus , Elefun, Hamegg, Jump the Dog and by most Kathy. Though I do love the Astro in the version so far, I really do not have much to go on since I haven't seen many to judge heads or tails exactly.

I started watching them on Youtube two years back or was it three? I'm getting really old , as silly as it sounds coming from an 18 year old . :d oh:

Through liking the Black Jack films, when I found out the same creator made Astro Boy, I though it would be worth a second check. After coming home from Chicago and discovering the manga series, I began to search for the 2003 anime and any possible animated series to feed my thirst for Astro Boy. When I stumbled at the intro of the 80's series you worked on while looking for the 2003 series, I looked for more.

Thus my very first episode was Episode 3 "Save The Classmate", which sold me viewing further episodes, the second and third being the first two. If I were to continue viewing more episodes, I will buy the DVD sets of the series alongside searching for the 45 minute pilot of the series that was discovered over 3 years ago.

Saruta
Metro City Citizen

Postby Saruta » 12 years ago

Hello from a Russian fandubber. Hail to the officials from the unofficial and of course you are cooler than us!

Specifically, hello to Bob Gonzalez, I am your chibi sibling ;) Ban was one of the characters I did in our project, HI NO TORI 2772.

It's thrilling to read about how this was back then. No computers, cutting tape (uh-oh), AND unlike us, you cared for lip sync! That must have been loads of work altogether. And, 25 hours of straight video!

Also you RESANG THE OPENING SONG. That's just an unbelievable level of cool (and I do like your version of the song).

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”