Hooray! I found 1980s Daddy Walrus!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Hooray! I found 1980s Daddy Walrus!

Postby jayrath » 14 years ago

Or he found me, rather. I've been trading notes with Bob Gonzalez this morning. I think he'll be in touch with all of you soon.

That means the whole cast is now in touch with each other again, either here or privately. Reunion talk continues . . .

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

O.O did i miss something big? Is this the actual voice actor for Daddy Walrus you are talking about? =D

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

"Alittleacorn" wrote:O.O did i miss something big? Is this the actual voice actor for Daddy Walrus you are talking about? =D

Yes, it is.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Awesome! :D

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bob Gonzalez » 14 years ago

HI, this is Bob Gonzalez. I just joined the site a few minutes ago. I'm still figuring out how to navigate and I'm glad I found JayRath right away. I found Jay on Facebook and he told me about this great site. I'm really excited to converse with fans of the 1980s Astro Boy series. I only found our version on DVDs a few years ago and was thrilled to hear our voices because I had heard a rumor that the color series was re-dubbed. Jay confirmed that but, in any case, the DVDs are out there with our voices. It even, I believe, is us singing the theme song, which I also believe we kind of rewrote. Jay, do you remember that? Anyway, here I am on this wonderful site and look forward to more discussions. By the way, is it all right to use an image of Daddy Walrus for my avatar? I thought it would be appropriate.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Hi there! It's awesome to have actual voice actors on our board :D

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Hello

Postby Bob Gonzalez » 14 years ago

It's a pleasure to be on this site. I'm still reeling from finding Jay Rath on Facebook and I'm happy to get to converse with fans of the 1980s series. I used to watch the original black and white series in the 1960s, so when we were approached to do the new color version, I jumped at the chance. On top of the fact that I had never done voice acting before. Has Jay regaled you with stories from the recording sessions we had?

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Hi, Bob! And welcome to a wonderful, loving, caring group of fans. They pretty much break my heart, they're all so nice to us, and so curious.

Yes, the 1980 show is out there and has a good following. The Canadian series (same video, different actors) also has its own fans -- and so it should. You can learn about it here. There also was a subsequent series.

And yes, Becky and I wrote the lyrics to the 1980 theme.
Last edited by jayrath on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 14 years ago

Very cool to see you guys aboard. Its exciting to be able to actually talk to anyone involved with the show.

We have heard a few stories, but of course everyone would love to hear more stories from a different point of view. Anything even remotely interesting is worth talking about. The more the better.

Thanks for signing up :)

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

(Bob, my text commentary on the series starts here: http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4299&highlight=rath+commentary&page=8
The thread also has photos, etc. I'm sure I've made mistakes in my recollection. Please give us your own memories!)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”