2003 Astroboy manga - English-ified and online (kinda)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
alexcat
Metro City Citizen

Postby alexcat » 14 years ago

hahaha, cool way to put it. Thanks tho!
Check out my comics:
http://www.drunkduck.com/user/alexcat321/

here's my deviant art: http://alexcat321.deviantart.com/ add me!

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 14 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:
"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Um, do you have any other way to see them besides downloading? Because, #1, I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to open any kind of ZIP file, or download stuff, without permission, and, #2, I fear that something of that immense size, if downloaded, would kill this bucket of a computer, anyway. (And I'm just talking about one!)

Well, the link to volume one is no longer active on this thread, as I have scanned the English volume and replaced the file. (Is now available on my blog.)

As of right now, I have no means as to make them viewable online, as I do not know of any website that I could use to post them that would not make me susceptible to le ban-hammar of death. (And photobucket is just plain tedious)

If it's about permission, I guarantee that the files are virus-free. But, my mom was the same way with the whole "oh noes if it's from the internet it must be evil oh noes" thing. If you know of a site that I can post these up to be viewable by everyone (and be somewhat descreet at the same time, herherher...), I'd certainly consider posting them there.

Hmm, well... you could at least try One manga. They have lots of other mangas that probably have been released in English already. Most are fan-translated, though. ... At least, as far as I know, anyway. The only one I've actually read is Yugioh (they don't have all of it and that makes me sad), but they've got One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, and all of the Zelda manga up there.

By the way, about the Nintendo thing; If I had any kind of income at all to keep in my wallet (heck, if I even had a wallet), then I could say the same, too.

Also, where'd you get that avatar from? If it's yours, do you mind if I use it on another site? :D
lolwut

xuanlong49th
Kokoro Robot

Postby xuanlong49th » 13 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:
OKAY!
ASTRO BOY
VOLUME 1 - ENGLISH
IS UP FOR DOWNLOAD!!

File size: 62.58 MP in .zip format
:tenma: DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t2mo0xg5mkm

NOTES:
Those of you who previously downloaded chapter 1 when it was up already know that these are in the format of two pages per image and is read in the Japanese style (right to left, so read the right page first, then the left! ha!).

There were a lot of places in the Chinese version that didn't either get fully or partially translated in the English version. Like, there would be an extra sentence in the Chinese version that wasn't in the English version. So, I had to make up stuff to kinda fill in the gaps a little...

Anyway hope you enjoy! I should have volume 2 up by next weekend...or partially...or some...

HEY, WOULD YOU GUYS RATHER I POST UP THE ENTIRE VOLUME WHEN I FINISH IT, OR POST EACH CHAPTER AS I FINISH THEM? JUST CURIOUS.

'Till later, I'm getting some more Monster... *phew*

Link VOLUME 1 die :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

I downloaded all three and they are on my Ipod Touch ;)

I LOVE THEM THANK YOU TBH!!!!!
Unyongnekasayo

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I brought the mangas for £30, and it as money well spent. :cry: my favourite is volume 3, i loved the emotion in it with Tenma ad Astro it made me cry. Plus i loved how they brought Atlas more into the story where as in the anime he was only in it a couple of episodes.

Astronomical girl
Banned

I don't have a favorite of the three becuase I love all of them :D !

Just out of curiosity where in the UK do you live? what do you do?
Unyongnekasayo

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

:eek: i'm sorry not giving my details away on the internet, even if i'm in my 20's that's just asking for trouble.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Why? I'm fifteen and all I asked was for where you live in the UK,I told you that I live in Seoul,South Korea,i'm not asking for "exact" details just a simple and straight answer. (don't look at this wrong, please :( )

and how is being 20 asking for trouble? :eek:

I mean,
Last edited by Astronomical girl on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unyongnekasayo

xuanlong49th
Kokoro Robot

Postby xuanlong49th » 13 years ago

"Astronomical girl" wrote:I downloaded all three and they are on my Ipod Touch ;)

I LOVE THEM THANK YOU TBH!!!!!

Please!I would like to link ASTRO BOY2003 VOLUME 1 - ENGLISH

Astronomical girl
Banned

use the link.

OKAY!
ASTRO BOY
VOLUME 1 - ENGLISH
IS UP FOR DOWNLOAD!!

File size: 62.58 MP in .zip format
DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t2mo0xg5mkm

NOTES:
Those of you who previously downloaded chapter 1 when it was up already know that these are in the format of two pages per image and is read in the Japanese style (right to left, so read the right page first, then the left! ha!).

There were a lot of places in the Chinese version that didn't either get fully or partially translated in the English version. Like, there would be an extra sentence in the Chinese version that wasn't in the English version. So, I had to make up stuff to kinda fill in the gaps a little...

Anyway hope you enjoy! I should have volume 2 up by next weekend...or partially...or some...

HEY, WOULD YOU GUYS RATHER I POST UP THE ENTIRE VOLUME WHEN I FINISH IT, OR POST EACH CHAPTER AS I FINISH THEM? JUST CURIOUS.

'Till later, I'm getting some more Monster... *phew*
Unyongnekasayo

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”