Astro Boy 2 Announced + Teaser Trailer!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Astro Boy 2 Announced + Teaser Trailer!

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

Imagi Animation Studios recently revealed in a press conference Astro Boy 2 is in development and will be released late 2011.

In an exclusive interview with director David Bowers (Also director of the first movie) Astro Boy 2 will follow directly where Astro Boy 1 left off with our famous boy robot taking on old foe.

“We believed it was right to stick more to the roots of Tezuka’s vision. So we’ve gone for a different approach than the previous film.”

David Bowers also hinted of villains from the Astro Boy universe making it to the big screen.

Voice actors such as Nicolas Cage, Freddie Highmore, Bill Nighy & Kristen Bell will also be reprising their roles.

The teaser trailer doesn't reveal much, but appears to highly hint of Astro's blue core having a glitch or error.
CLICK TO WATCH THE TRAILER!
This announcement comes as a shock as of last February Imagi were forced lay off most of it’s staff and temporally shut down after lacking efficient funding. It is reported Imagi are currently having talks to merge with another Animation Studios ‘Gomennasi-Enterprises’ in Japan.
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

:hyo:
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"LLM" wrote: :hyo:

:hyo: :heart:

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

It'll be one hell of a sequel if that trailers anything to go by
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

YOU TRICK! :mad: You hurted my feelings! :cry: Read the comment I posted to the video! Is there gonna be an Astro Boy 2? Please tell me, please! (throws a fit)
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

sO HOPE IT WILL BE A GOOD MOVIE- THANKS ALITTLEACORN-
your plan worked- meant our plan since it worked
Last edited by avatargirl on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added something

MangaBottle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MangaBottle » 14 years ago

I hate you
My Astro Boy fan-fic scripts on Deviant Art:
Mighty Astro Boy :astro:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

So, like, I got excited at the posibility that Skunk Kusai would debut as the villain and that Imagi would later be able to make their Tetsujin 28 movie (which I will kill for), but I should've gotten the hint at the Japanese "studio" name. I know you meant well, but you painfully reminded me that Imagi is dead. Dead dead dead. Now I'm sad.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

I must admit now that I have not been Rick Rolled good for a long time.

My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

Listen....
I'll interject just this once.
Astroboy is the most hated Icon in the world a symbol of robotic goody goody two shows. Every few years the ignorant attempt to destroy it. Because Tezuka developed this icon out of his "Church" operations. Every company picking it up is promply shut down. But it keeps coming back every few years. Becaus the Nazi and the Commie and the Atheist factions that hate good cannot kill it. There I've said it. Every success is not dependent on popular opinion or popularity. Society keeps it because society is based on the "Cosmic divine" Good vs evil. Astro is good. Astro will be back. It is an "Intelligence operation" a "Boy goad" in the nursery, preaching heroics to small children and grown men. A propaganda tool. Weep not for us, weep for yourselves. You live in a world where the Marines are considered scum and Snoop dog is the hero. The REAL Astroboys are not dismayed defeated or suprised by the box office! We did not promote Astroboy to get RICH or to be "Popular!" But to convey the message conveyed. Be cool. Enjoy.
There I've shot off my mouth enuff.
:lol: :ninja: :tenma:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”