NOW! Comics Astro Boy - Issue 8

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

Issue eleven!

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m362/astroNOWcomics/Issue11/

It's only seven pages long because between pages 'three' and 'four', there were over fifteen pages of reprinted panels, with a new dialogue box from Astro explaining what happened over the story. When I do a review of this one, it'll be merged with issue twelve for space.

I'm starting to feel bad for bashing Steacy all the time, since I got an email response from him that says he's okay with the questions of NOW! Comics. I wish he hadn't drawn Tezuka's characters so horribly, because he seems like a nice guy who just got mashed under Caputo's rule...

On a lighter note, here's a bonus from the end of this month's issue!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

xD Wow Fauna, you've been busy since I was away. xP I was gonna start scanning the volumes this week, but it seems like you're beating me maliciously with a stick. :D (why am I smiling?!)

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to get the How to Draw Astro book and scan that...
*dust*

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote: :D (why am I smiling?!)

Because I have relieved you of your duties of handling these abominations?

Now, today! I might get scanning issue 12 over with - see, I only scanned #11 because it was so fast - and start the article. Plus, I have Ken Steacy's questions to send...I'm so close to finding out what working there was like, and who Suzuki & Associates were!
ImageImageImageImage

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

Fact: without Tenma this comic is nothing! NOTHING! XD

And coloring Astro in, more like color in the backside of a giant robot. Astro's tiny conpared to that o.o;

P.S I wuv chu for uploading this XD

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

Please ALITTLEACORN do not give TENMA a big head- ASTRO BOY WOULD be the hero with help from his sweet sister URAN AND THEIR HUMAN friends RENO and DR. Elefun-

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Actually, Boynton comes back in issue thirteen and fifteen, but he's in disguise, wearing a hat with eyes and a trenchcoat. As much as I love trenchcoats, I'd rather see his face at the same time.

Issue twelve...

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m362/astroNOWcomics/Issue12/

...Which means I won't have to scan the comics again for a while (as I got scans for issue thirteen). Double review coming soon!

In this issue, Astro helps save Archie, the NOW! Comics version of Shibugaki/Alvin, whom has a face like a knee. He gets accidentally kidnapped by a guy in a cloak (who you may have seen before oooohooohoo spoiler) with a mini Gundam.
ImageImageImageImage

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 14 years ago

What's a gundam? I've seen that word before...
Also...
Let's reviewing!
lolwut

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 14 years ago

i think your point is taken
Last edited by the 鉄腕アトム fan on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:What's a gundam? I've seen that word before...

Gundam ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

Astro: *climbing out window* No point making a spectacle of myself in front of the kids...*hurls clothes off and flys away* Hang on Archie, I'm coming!

That part just made me crack up! XD

Btw, what is it with a new robot turning up for each issue, it's like an episode of lost in space! x.x and I hope someone steps on that cricket soon, I can't stand it anymore! It's like a cross between Jiminy cricket and popeye the sailer man! o_o

Has anyone noticed the colors on the panels keep changing rapidy? in one scene everything's purple, then it's green, it's red, why can't a room BE the color of a room? I think i'm going color blind :cry:

I really wanna take this comic seriously....but i can't! ;o;

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”