Tetsuwan Atomu Theme Comparison

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Wow, that's amazing, not to mention that it makes the world of the internet feel small. Lol, small world, small internet.

Anyhow, thank you very much for the correction! If I could edit the first post, I would.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I've edited it for you. :) If anybody reading this wonders, the lyrics in the first post were the same than those that are on this site.

I had skipped fast through the French lyrics because I knew them well enough... except I've just noticed there were additional verses that I never knew of! :w00t: So cool! :D Thanks again! :)

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Ah cool, thanks for the edit.

And you're welcome, it's amazing what lyrics you might stumble on while browsing youtube (which I frequent there very often). I've personally always enjoyed the French-Canadian version more than the 80's English version.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:And you're welcome, it's amazing what lyrics you might stumble on while browsing youtube (which I frequent there very often). I've personally always enjoyed the French-Canadian version more than the 80's English version.

I absolutely love the dubbing. Of course, it's the one I grew up with but I think it is very well done.

Still, I'll always be so thankful to have finally be able to watch full episodes with the US version instead of the twisted plot we were given! :lol:

Do you understand French?

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

I'm afraid I don't understand French. Some things are fairly easy to guess however, but I'm assuming that's because French and English are somewhat similar to each other.

I've only been exposed to the French dub's versions of the opening and ending, were there differences with the dub?

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

I don't know any French. LOL, I fail at pronuncing it. But maybe we can run the French lyrics under Google translator or something.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

:w00t:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Here's the German theme song to the 1980's series (it is awesome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjsbo1oHh-M

I hear the lyrics are really silly though. "He only flies for you," "His eyes are like thunderbolts."
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Ah yes, I quite enjoyed the German theme song as well. However since it isn't based on the original Tetsuwan Atomu theme, I chose not to include it.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I don't understand German...but its a good song despite being completely different...

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”