Thoughts on Astro Boy: The Video Game

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

I beat both this game and Omega Factor by picking Hard on my first try. :) I think copying the Omega Factor gameplay saved this game from being all the way awful. My only recommendation to anyone playing it is to skip the cutscenes, by all means possible! It's the same story as the movie anyway, but with acting and graphics that made me feel downright sick! Even during the levels though, I wish they could have removed all those annoying voices from the enemies.

I also preferred the classic costume all the way through, though again, Astro looked horrible in it during cutscenes when he was seen from up close. >_>
I'm on Twitter.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

I agree, the game created after the 2003 series seemed to be a lot better than the game created after the movie.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:I beat both this game and Omega Factor by picking Hard on my first try. :)

You're a hero :D I managed to beat Omega Factor in hard mode, but only by using extensively the save/restore options of an emulator; last level alone took at least an hour if not more :eek: The game for the movie was not as much unplayable though, I managed to go through it in hero mode without resorting to an emulator "only" with big troubles :p But the first levels sure were the most difficult in hero mode, paradoxally.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I managed to beat hero mode in arena mode on my first try without multiplayer...

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

"Astro Boy8629" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;107416]My theory on the magazine loading is that each cartridge must be inserted via a special slot in the far back of Astro's torso cabinet, where the bullets are pulled down to the firing mechanism in his behind. This would also explain how sometimes there is a very short delay between the time he bends in preparation to when he opens fire.

I sometimes have to design realistic robotics for my science fiction comic, so I've given things like this a lot of thought. :lol:

Edit: And for any incarnation of Astro that fires lasers rather than bullets, I assume the lasers are concentrated samples of his energy supply.

But what about the 2009 Astro? I'm pretty sure his butt guns shot out bullets.[/QUOTE]

I described several times in the above how he'd fire bullets. Did you look only at the very last line in my whole post?
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 13 years ago

I don't have any of the new consoles, so i couldn't play this game, even if I wanted to.
I don't have Omega Factor, either. :( Another on the list of games that I wish I had, but don't. (This one belongs in the section that would most likely require me buying a used copy, like Oracle of Seasons, and Ocarina of Time: Master Quest; I actually really want to play that PS2 game, though. I don't have a PS2, and my brother's is missing something kinda important, though.)
lolwut

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=Astro Boy8629;107848][QUOTE=Fauna;107416]My theory on the magazine loading is that each cartridge must be inserted via a special slot in the far back of Astro's torso cabinet, where the bullets are pulled down to the firing mechanism in his behind. This would also explain how sometimes there is a very short delay between the time he bends in preparation to when he opens fire.

I sometimes have to design realistic robotics for my science fiction comic, so I've given things like this a lot of thought. :lol:

Edit: And for any incarnation of Astro that fires lasers rather than bullets, I assume the lasers are concentrated samples of his energy supply.

But what about the 2009 Astro? I'm pretty sure his butt guns shot out bullets.[/QUOTE]

I described several times in the above how he'd fire bullets. Did you look only at the very last line in my whole post?[/QUOTE]
I just was trying to say that the butt guns that Astro had in the movie seemed like they were shooting bullets rather than lasers.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”